Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Camera/video equipment
Reply #60 - 09/23/10 at 22:34:26

No, not the heat.... turn off the motor, and the effect goes away...

I love my helmet... Kiss...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #61 - 09/24/10 at 04:12:11

Im hangin on to the flyscreen mounts from the Guzzi. They clamp onto the bars & I Think thers a decent camera mount in there somewhere. Have to do some cutting & threading, but,, Im up for that, one day, maybe.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #62 - 09/24/10 at 06:41:40

Hey Bot, what's the fps capture rate on the little key chain camera?  And it didn't look to me like you were swimming while walking.  While the bike was sitting still, it looked ok.  I just saw the waves when the bike was moving.  Will have to re-watch later, can't Youtube at work anymore..... dammit.

I tried a couple different mounting spots yesterday.  This camera came with a suction cup and a 4" post that screws into the suction cup.  I zip-tied the post (without the suction cup) to the base leg of my right mirror, so the angle around the windshield was good, the clarity was good, but it was a bit shaky over about 45 mph.  

Then I used the handlebar mount, but strapped it to my front signal stems.  Left signal was pretty good, clear, stable up to about 50 also, but watching the video didn't "feel" like riding.  I guess it was too far forward on the bike.  I still haven't tried Al's spot on the highway bar.  Will do that next.  And I'm still trying to figure out a helmet mount, or somewhere on my body.  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 20:21:18

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Camera/video equipment

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.