babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Re: Camera/video equipment
Reply #45 - 09/21/10 at 14:51:14

Thanks guys.  Yep, Boondocks... that's me!  lol  (Dragon NOT!)
Tried something different on the ride home.  Zip-tied the holder to my brake reservoir.  The camera was pointing too far skyward, so I stuck a piece of a stick under the back of it, but it bounced alot!  So I stopped, pulled out the stick, then tried a couple quarters shoved under it to try to give it more angle and it still wasn't good.  When I got home, I strapped it to my right front turn signal stem.  Might just work there.  If I got out later, I'll try it.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #46 - 09/21/10 at 20:15:50

Great, don't worry about keeping up with the dragon bunch, you're still a lot faster than bill shooters couch.

WWW   IP Logged
CeliaMarie

2009 Blvd s40!

Long Island, NY
Reply #47 - 09/22/10 at 07:26:39

did you get those head shots of yourself, Piglet?

IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #48 - 09/22/10 at 07:44:41

Very cool vid, Piglet.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #49 - 09/22/10 at 07:47:10

CeliaMarie wrote on 09/22/10 at 07:26:39:
did you get those head shots of yourself, Piglet?

Yep, just turned the camera around for one of the trips.

And Celia, if you are still looking for buckhorns, check my post in The Marketplace.  I'm done with my parts bike.   Wink

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #50 - 09/22/10 at 08:37:20

Piglet, thats a nice ride. I like the fact theres industry all along the way. Not International corporations, local owned stuff.. aww yea..

Try to not allow yourself to ever Feel bored driving that same stretch. Dont get lulled into believing nothing can happen today, cuz youve been down that road so many times & nothing happened.. stay alert.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #51 - 09/22/10 at 09:11:47

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/22/10 at 08:37:20:
Piglet, thats a nice ride. I like the fact theres industry all along the way. Not International corporations, local owned stuff.. aww yea..

Try to not allow yourself to ever Feel bored driving that same stretch. Dont get lulled into believing nothing can happen today, cuz youve been down that road so many times & nothing happened.. stay alert.

Thanks for caring man, but I would never let my guard down on that road.  Lots of angled side streets that people whip out of like they be crazy!  And the peak of the hill that I cross, has a busy cross-road, right at the peak, and its in a bit of a curve.  Its hard to pull out from those side roads, so I always slow down, though many don't.  And then there's the deer, etc, etc.....  yea, never a dull moment on that road, fer shure.

I just said boring because its not all pretty/scenic/etc.  Yet...  Once the trees start changing colors, it will be prettier.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #52 - 09/22/10 at 13:02:44

has a busy cross-road, right at the peak, and its in a bit of a curve

Yikes! A Perma-Pucker spot. That'll keep ya awake.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Tanker2Biker

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX (north of Houston)
Reply #53 - 09/22/10 at 15:23:04

Great video.  Thanks for sharing.

I have to ask, what is that item hanging on the bottom of the left side of your helmet?  You can see something there in the head shots.

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #54 - 09/22/10 at 19:30:42

Nice video Piglet. For the 1st time in 6mths I felt like I was on a bike again. Keep the video's coming. Smiley kim

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #55 - 09/22/10 at 20:10:11

Tanker2Biker wrote on 09/22/10 at 15:23:04:
Great video.  Thanks for sharing.

I have to ask, what is that item hanging on the bottom of the left side of your helmet?  You can see something there in the head shots.

Its my communication system - Cardo Scala Rider.  Hubby and I can talk to each other while riding.  It also has FM radio, and bluetooth connection to cell phone.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #56 - 09/22/10 at 20:12:12

kimchris1 wrote on 09/22/10 at 19:30:42:
Nice video Piglet. For the 1st time in 6mths I felt like I was on a bike again. Keep the video's coming. Smiley kim

Well thanks, that makes me feel good, but don't worry, you'll be back in the saddle again soon.   Cheesy

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #57 - 09/23/10 at 18:57:15

Okay,... I've been playing with my new $1.49 keychain video camera ($16.00 when you add shipping and a 4gig mini SD card from Amazon)...(This camera eats a Gig of memory every 10 minutes, so buy at least a 4 gig card)...(half hour to a an hour of running time on a charge from the built-in lithium battery)...)...
Available here...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mini-Car-Key-Chain-Camera-DVR-Covert-Video-Recorder-New-/...

... and I noticed this weird, underwater effect when it's hard mounted to the handlebars...
Here's a short video comparison of handlebar mount, and helmet mount...
First is the handle mount, then the helmet...

... and here's an exciting video, I call ...
"Bot returns a video in a ratty T-shirt"... Huh...
(... again demonstrating the underwater vibration effect)...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #58 - 09/23/10 at 19:09:57

The nice thing about it on the helmet if you see something off to the side you can get it.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #59 - 09/23/10 at 20:25:54

Interesting.  You think maybe the heat could be causing the "underwater" effect?  

And I bet you go to bed with that helmet on, don't you?   Wink

(Oh, you need to fix the date on the camera too... haha)

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 00:19:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Camera/video equipment

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.