Send Topic Print
Camera/video equipment (Read 854 times)
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Re: Camera/video equipment
Reply #30 - 08/18/10 at 18:56:55

You might put some rubber foam over were the mic is, even maybe some kind of cloth,then suction it on top of your helmet,No it might blow off.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #31 - 08/18/10 at 19:40:57

Sound will likely be even worse on the bike... I tried taping over the mic hole, and that didn't work...
Maybe cloth or foam if you can, like Bill said...

Looking forward to video... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #32 - 08/19/10 at 09:25:47

Hey Piglet, we use our mini cam corder on the bikes. Hubby has a mount on his handle bars. It stays steady and we have used it to on a few trips around the areas. I will ask when he comes home later what the software he uses for editing. I can't wait to see the video's of your adventures on the bike.   Smiley  kim

IP Logged
J2

To discover, you
must lose sight of
the shore

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reply #33 - 08/19/10 at 12:34:26

The moderator of the "Battle Scooters" forum on advrider.com is what is known in the industry as a "shooter." Her handle is photog. She is a videographer (photo journalist) and also an MSF instructor. You might want to send her a private message on that site ... or ... I have her e-mail address. If you are interested in that, I will ask her permission to send it to you in a private message.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #34 - 08/19/10 at 12:38:49

J2 wrote on 08/19/10 at 12:34:26:
The moderator of the "Battle Scooters" forum on advrider.com is what is known in the industry as a "shooter." Her handle is photog. She is a videographer (photo journalist) and also an MSF instructor. You might want to send her a private message on that site ... or ... I have her e-mail address. If you are interested in that, I will ask her permission to send it to you in a private message.

Thanks J2, but I'm just messin' around with the video stuff.  She's probably way too hi tech for the piddly stuff I want to do.  If I get to liking it and decide to invest more time/effort/MONEY into it, I'll check out that site.  But I appreciate the thought!  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #35 - 09/02/10 at 12:47:14

Just curious if you ever got this video stuff worked out and how you like the camera.  Cool

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #36 - 09/03/10 at 19:10:50

I did, and I've taken some good ones, just haven't had time to do any editing.  Been working on the son's bike and working my buttox off at work.  I hate when work gets in the way of my fun stuff.  LOL  Cool

I rode to work most of the week, and had two days where the sun was directly at my back, so my shadow is riding directly in front of me.  I'll post it as soon as I can get it to music and such...

The Tandem camera that I bought cheap is working well though.  I'm happy with the video quality.  I've tried a few different mounting spots.  I want to make some kind of strap to put around my brake reservoir, to get the camera out past my windshield.  I think it would be a great spot.  The windshield reflects a little, not terribly, but enough to bug me a bit.  Maybe I'll get some stuff done with it this weekend.    

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #37 - 09/03/10 at 19:47:08

lift the windshield a little and put it on top of the headlight.

WWW   IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #38 - 09/10/10 at 19:33:22

Saw GoPro listed on the first page... It's a little expensive, but it a GREAT camera.

I want to get one to swap between the bikes, Jeep, and Festiva as needed.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #39 - 09/10/10 at 19:44:11

I rigged up a bracket that mounted on the windscreen mounts to hold a small digital camera that shoots videos. The big problem was the wind noise getting picked up by the mic. I ended up putting a band aid over the mic hole in the camera which helped a lot. Gotta dig that setup out of the garage and give it another try. I don't use the camera with the windshield cause shooting through the plastic really degrades the video.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #40 - 09/21/10 at 11:04:56

ok, here's a boring little video I put together, just part of my every day ride to work.  I liked that it was sunny and I was riding with my shadow.
The camera is still behind my windshield, so please excuse the vibrations and lack of crispness...  
But the cheap little camera works pretty well overall.
I'll take more after I figure out a better mounting option.  Ed L -- if you have pics, I'd be interested in seeing your setup.

IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #41 - 09/21/10 at 11:14:48

I would say that it is a terrific debut.  You have a future in video ahead of you  Look forward to seeing more.

IP Logged
BarneyBWilde

Adrenaline does it
every time!

Down by the Gulf in Texas!
Reply #42 - 09/21/10 at 11:25:19

Good post, thats awesome!

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #43 - 09/21/10 at 11:36:27

Very nice, Piglet!...  The shadow work is great, and I like the choice of music...
That work ride looks like a nice way to start out the day...
Looking forward to more.... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #44 - 09/21/10 at 13:38:47

That was nice,I think the dragon bunch would have trouble keeping up to you.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 20:20:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Camera/video equipment

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.