Send Topic Print
H-D Guy (Read 80 times)
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
H-D Guy
08/12/10 at 19:30:26

I needed to arrange towing for my Miata today.  This took place in rural MA in an area I don't know at all.  I got a recommendation from the shop and decided to stop in and do it in person since I was in the area.  A bit hard to find the shop and then down a steep gravel driveway that made me glad I was in my Wrangler.  The place is just a big ol' barn.  The first thing I saw on entering was a nice Valkyrie set up for touring.  Then to my left I noticed a 1949 Knucklehead, complete and running (tho not at the moment).  In front of that was another old bike with a side car.
I talked to the guy and arranged the tow then he took me into his office to write a receipt.  In there is a Sporty stuck in the corner and a Buell.  He points at the Buell and then the Sporty and says. "I bought this one to keep that one company."   They're both NOS.  We talked bikes for a moment and then he said if you want to see some bikes come up here.  Upstairs is around FOURTY vintage bikes, mostly Harleys including an original XR750.  He used to be a pro hill climber and has a way stretched swingarm that he says was the first Harley modified that way.  
On his lift is his current project a vintage Harley drag bike being built with a '71 frame and engine.  Way too much for me to even remember let alone write about.  We talked until we both should have been elsewhere.  Made my day!  

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: H-D Guy
Reply #1 - 08/12/10 at 19:34:51

Neat!...

Wonder how he gets them upstairs?...
Big dude?...Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #2 - 08/12/10 at 19:38:27

Barn's built into the side of a hill with garage doors on different levels on opposite sides.

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #3 - 08/12/10 at 20:56:53

Nice that you had that chance and he took the time with you. Is their any chance you will go back and if so, possibly get some pics?
Thank you for sharing with all of us.  Smiley kim

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #4 - 08/13/10 at 02:31:12

Find a guy with a nice shop in his back yard or on a side street ... he takes time to show you around and talks passionately about his projects...

THIS DUDE LOVES WHAT HE DOES AND WILL LIKELY DO A GREAT JOB ON WHATEVER HE DOES ON ANY BIKE AND LOVES A CHALLENGE WITH NEW MACHINES....

make friends with this guy ... he will do wonderful things for you

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/01/24 at 20:45:47

General CategoryThe Cafe › H-D Guy

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.