Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Fuel Injected Savage. (Read 487 times)
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Re: Fuel Injected Savage.
Reply #15 - 08/13/10 at 05:19:39

I just spent a few minutes looking at cruisers from assorted makers. Yamaha's carbureted cruisers include their 250 Star (nee Virago) and the V-Star 650. Kawasaki seems to have dropped the 500 Vulcan (and the 500 Ninja), and their smallest cruiser is the 900 Vulcan with FI. Honda still has the carbureted Rebel, but no other carbureted cruisers. Suzuki still has the S40, the only Single in the lot. Wonder if the rest of the carbureted crowd will go away in a year or so? If so, what replaces them?

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #16 - 08/13/10 at 07:38:28

After driving a few FI motorcycles I like it,The S40 would have more power and get better mileage with it FI.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #17 - 08/13/10 at 07:53:48

yep, with FI on the S40 and a factory designed fuel map for efficiency and milage it would likely be in the 70+ mpg range
change it from a cruiser and put it in a standard frame setup like the TU and they could sell it for a high milage commuter

IP Logged
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Reply #18 - 08/13/10 at 10:31:37

I thought about getting a Boulevard C50 like my brother in law has additionally to my S40. It's fuel injected and it runs sweet. He even has some sort of performance module in there. How much HP does that 800 V-Twin have. I tried to find out over the internet, but I can't get any info on that. Acceleration is about the same, but on top end his pulls away.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #19 - 08/13/10 at 11:29:34

ralfyguy wrote on 08/13/10 at 10:31:37:
I thought about getting a Boulevard C50 like my brother in law has additionally to my S40. It's fuel injected and it runs sweet. He even has some sort of performance module in there. How much HP does that 800 V-Twin have. I tried to find out over the internet, but I can't get any info on that. Acceleration is about the same, but on top end his pulls away.

The C50 was the Volusia prior to 2005.  Visit  http://www.volusiariders.com/   I'm a member there too.  Some pretty good folks.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 08/13/10 at 14:53:54

In so many words, if a carb cant meet emission standards there are 2 choices drop the model or add FI. in either case the carb is gone.....so not much difference than saying carbs are banned in 2012!

IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #21 - 08/16/10 at 14:31:13

babyhog wrote on 08/13/10 at 11:29:34:
ralfyguy wrote on 08/13/10 at 10:31:37:

The C50 was the Volusia prior to 2005.  Visit  http://www.volusiariders.com/   I'm a member there too.  Some pretty good folks.

Me too!  If I'm remembering right, I saw somewhere that it's stock rating is in the neighborhood of 50hp, but don't quote me on that.  It won't win you any races, but it can get you moving quick enough, and seems happy cruizing anywhere from 50mph up to 80, although the gearing's a little low to go much over that for long distances.  In fact, a lot of people swap out the rear gears for better ratios.

Back to the subject at hand.  If they came out with a TU650, I'd be all over that.  The 250 looks great, but don't think they'd haul me around on the freeway real good. Roll Eyes  I'd also love to see FI on the Savage, and I think they'd keep selling enough of them to pay for the investment of making the modifications to the design.  Heck, they never seem to keep them on the floors the way they are now!

And I'd also noticed that the Vulcan 500 is gone now.  I've seen some old stock ones at a couple dealers still.  If they're around this time next year, a person could probably get a real good deal on one!

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #22 - 08/16/10 at 14:57:26

I agree with John. The FI C50 is a great cruiser. Cold starts with just a touch of the switch, idles and warms up smoothly. With FI on the 250, could it be that much more work to get it on a 650?

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 02:11:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Fuel Injected Savage.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.