Send Topic Print
Dual Visor Helmets (Read 343 times)
Tanker2Biker

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX (north of Houston)
Dual Visor Helmets
08/06/10 at 07:43:37

I was wondering on the way into work this morning if any of the helmet makers produce something like we used to use in the service.  It was esentially a 3/4 helmet with 2 visors mounted in a housing above the face, 1 clear & 1 dark.  Little ratcheting slide on each side to put one or the other down, depending on the light condition.  

Just curious if anyone is aware of a helmet like this available from a motorcycle helmet manufacturer?

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Dual Visor Helmets
Reply #1 - 08/06/10 at 08:58:24

piglet posted a while back about a cheap helmet on dkrider? fleabay store.  Search thru there, I was looking at a modular helmet and there are some there with an inside dark visor.

WWW   IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 08/06/10 at 09:19:16

I apply a strip of windshield tint to my visors, just above my normal line of sight.  Going into the sun, it works fine and if the sun is really low, a slight tip downward does the trick.

I got that tip here years ago.

IP Logged
ero4444

weekender

Reply #3 - 08/06/10 at 09:34:34

the add-on tint can work for a narrow strip like 1.5-inch max, depending on the curvature, but any wider and then you can't get it to stick to a visor right.  1.5-inch is ok in a pinch, you rotate your helmet down, but it won't make riding into the sunset easy

I did the tint, now looking for a dual visor helmet myself.  There are several on ebay.  Hard to buy a decent fit online.

c2001, 3800miles, 3rd owner, adjusted idle, raised seat, Tkat brace, Raptor petcock, cleaned carb, replaced some jets, Dyna muffler, Fiamm horns, Shinkos, future Ed L. forward controls, fork boots.
  IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 08/06/10 at 09:44:37

true, next time i will use a heat gun to get the film to take the curve better.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #5 - 08/06/10 at 10:14:51

I wondered about that film.  Thanks for the tip.  I know they make tint sheets made specifically for helmets too, but haven't bought one yet.  

The 3/4 helmet that I bought through dkrider -- I love it.  They sell a tinted shield for it too.  Their method of measuring worked fine for me...  but.... it didn't work so well for my hubby.  Ordered one for him but it was way too tight.  Returned it for the next larger size and its still tight, but he's gonna keep it in hopes that it conforms to his head.  They say people tend to buy too large anyway.  
So I guess my point is, if you want to order one online, try to find some reviews about it and whether it fits true to size or not.  JMO

As far as dual visor, my old helmet had a 3-snap shield, and I remember seeing dual visors that snap on that I thought would have worked on it, but unfortunately, I can't remember any details.  (old age, yea)

Here's one I found on Amazon....  don't know a thing about it though.

http://www.amazon.com/Hawk-Black-Visor-Motorcycle-Helmet/dp/B002HLWQLQ

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
sjaskow - FSO

Frozen Tundra of MN
Reply #6 - 08/06/10 at 10:25:18

I think HJC makes what you're looking for. They have what they call the "Integrated Sunshield" system.  Their 3/4 cruiser looks like http://www.hjchelmets.com/prd_openface.htm.  Look for IS in the model name

I have the http://www.hjchelmets.com/prds_fs10.htm in silver.  My only real complaint is the sun shield isn't long enough at times.  I have a feeling it was designed with sport bike riders in mind.  In any case, it is 1000 times better than trying to take sunglasses off and on through the shield.

2012 Victory Vision - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/vision
2006 Suzuki S40 - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/S40
WWW   IP Logged
dinsdale

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ottawa, Canada
Reply #7 - 08/06/10 at 10:32:24

HJC makes a bunch.

I have the IS-16 in Matte Black

They make one in a  flip up full face, the IS-16

one in a 3/4 the IS-33

Then they have the one in a 1/2 helmet but it is only a single visor.

They even have one for Piglet:

prices are really good at Newenough

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #8 - 08/06/10 at 10:52:30

dinsdale wrote on 08/06/10 at 10:32:24:
They even have one for Piglet:

Haha!  That one is for Kimchris!  She's the PINK lover.  LOL  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #9 - 08/06/10 at 15:30:38

I always just wear sunglasses,But I have a big windshield and lowers so I don't get much wind on me.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #10 - 08/06/10 at 19:27:30

I have one of these

HCI-16-540
Silver w/Black Strip
Double Visor
3/4 Open-Face Helmet

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 08/06/10 at 20:40:17

I have an HJC 3/4 with retractable dark visor. (IS-33 model as noted in the post already)   Best helmet when you're looking out of it, bit of a Super Mario on the outside. (it seems kinda big when you look at it)
I wear glasses and can't wear contacts. the retractable visor is fantastic.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #12 - 08/07/10 at 06:22:47

Okay, Im a different kinda problem solver. I wear glasses & dontexactly haveroom for anorther pair O shades in the helmet, so I go the the optometrist& buy those horrid little wrap around shades they giveya after dilating the eyes. Theyre polarized, cheap, fit in my pocket, lose em, sctratch em up, so what? Yea, theyre ugly,, but hey, I just want what works.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 08/07/10 at 07:45:46

justin, give the HJC a try. Best of both worlds.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #14 - 08/08/10 at 08:00:35

Id think about it, IF I needed a new helmet, but Ive got an HJC flip front now, that I got to replace the one I mashed on the pickup. If I lose, or mash this one, Ill look at that option.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 10:21:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Dual Visor Helmets

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.