Send Topic Print
Dual Visor Helmets (Read 343 times)
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Re: Dual Visor Helmets
Reply #15 - 08/08/10 at 19:54:20

I have the HJC IS MAX It is very similar to the flip up full face. This helmet is black (not my favorite color). It has an advanced polycarbonate shell with adjustable chinbar. It is one touch integrated sunshield, single button chinbar, silver cool interior and "ACS" advanced channeling ventilation system.
I have not used it yet as still waiting for the perfect weather..  Grin Grin Grin
I do hope to use it before the end of summer or fall.
OO and I would have loved to had it in Pink, yet Pink was not in the stock the day this helmet was purchased. Had I known I would still be waiting for my situation to chance I would have waited to purchase the helmet as well.  Yet I do believe I will be  very satisfied with this helmet no matter the color.. Wink  kim

IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #16 - 08/10/10 at 08:43:06

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
Tanker2Biker

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX (north of Houston)
Reply #17 - 08/10/10 at 12:30:47

This is what I'm really looking for:

http://flighthelmet.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FHL&Product_C...

Now I know I don't need the oxy mask mounts, or the comm gear.  But this type of dual visor is what I'm looking for.  The middle two pictures show the sides of the visor assembly, with the visor actuators.  You push in with your thumb, and the visor slides up or down, which ever way you push.

Does anyone make a motorcycle helmet that uses this kind of visor set-up?  Or anything like it?

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #18 - 08/11/10 at 08:33:54

T2B -

I don't know of any motorcycle helmet exactly like the military issue HGU type flight helmets.  I'm far more familiar with the flying helemts than bike helmets.

Looking at the link for the HJC dual visor bike helemts, I don't see that they are Snell approved.  Just DOT.

The DOT standrads are quite a bit below what Snell requires for approval.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
ero4444

weekender

Reply #19 - 08/11/10 at 08:54:30

DOT is better for single impacts.  That's the accident I expect to have.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1263430070/60#60

c2001, 3800miles, 3rd owner, adjusted idle, raised seat, Tkat brace, Raptor petcock, cleaned carb, replaced some jets, Dyna muffler, Fiamm horns, Shinkos, future Ed L. forward controls, fork boots.
  IP Logged
jarrod
YaBB Newbies

Spangdahlem Germany
Reply #20 - 08/11/10 at 23:14:59

If you ever make a trip to europe you can find the flip downs. About 90% of the helmets here come with the built in shade that flips down when you want it.

2003 Savage bone stock for now

Nobody lives forever, the trick is creating something that will.
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #21 - 08/12/10 at 15:08:53

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/07/10 at 06:22:47:
Okay, Im a different kinda problem solver. I wear glasses & dontexactly haveroom for anorther pair O shades in the helmet, so I go the the optometrist& buy those horrid little wrap around shades they giveya after dilating the eyes. Theyre polarized, cheap, fit in my pocket, lose em, sctratch em up, so what? Yea, theyre ugly,, but hey, I just want what works.

I do kinda the same thing, get cheap $10 tinted safety glasses.  They're fairly flexible, so fit under a full helmet ok, and tough, so you can throw 'em in a pocket, sit on 'em, and they won't break.  Plus, they're usually cheap enough to replace fairly often. Cheesy

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #22 - 08/12/10 at 19:35:58

WA state requires a DOT sticker they can see on the back of the helmet. This would preclude using the milspec one which is probably 100 times better. Have a friend retired fighter pilot (USN), he would like to have used his gov. issue one but no DOT sticker, I suggested he print one up, he didn't want the hassle if he got stopped and the LEO was knowledgeable enough to recognize it and cite him. Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #23 - 08/13/10 at 00:01:48

Max_Morley wrote on 08/12/10 at 19:35:58:
WA state requires a DOT sticker they can see on the back of the helmet. This would preclude using the milspec one which is probably 100 times better. Have a friend retired fighter pilot (USN), he would like to have used his gov. issue one but no DOT sticker, I suggested he print one up, he didn't want the hassle if he got stopped and the LEO was knowledgeable enough to recognize it and cite him. Max

Heck, he wouldn't even have to print one up.  One of the bike stores here sells them "for novelty purposes only".  My strong suspicion is so people can put them on the "novelty" helmets, and go ride their Harley and look "cool". Roll Eyes

Ok, I've used my nightly allotment of " marks, time to go start some supper cooking... Cheesy

Oh, and to get back on topic, I'd love to find a dual visor helmet that was comfy, but I seem to have a "long oval" (dang went over budget on the quotation marks! Tongue), and they all feel like they're digging into my forehead.

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 10:28:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Dual Visor Helmets

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.