Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sir Mick! 250R Impressions Please! (Read 162 times)
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Sir Mick! 250R Impressions Please!
08/05/10 at 07:59:44

Sir Mick ... I seem to recall that you owned a Next Gen Kawi 250R at one point? Care to bestow a detailed Review of your ownership/ridership experiences? As an MTP Instructor, I get asked about this Bike all the time, but have never Ridden (only sat-upon) one!
Thank you sir ... much appreciated!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Re: Sir Mick! 250R Impressions Please!
Reply #1 - 08/06/10 at 18:58:02

http://www.theyeagergroup.com/Comparing_the_2_kawasaki_ninja_250s.htm

I'm not Sir Mick, nor do I have a New Generation 250 Ninja. But perhaps the link above will prove interesting.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #2 - 08/07/10 at 02:32:30

Thanks! I'd appreciate your thoughts on the 250R too charon!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #3 - 08/07/10 at 12:37:30

My Ninja is the '07 250, so I can't offer much help on the newer ones. I have seen the new ones in the dealership, and sat on one, but that's about all. The new one has a gas gauge replacing the temperature gauge. Personally, I prefer the looks of the older one, but that is a matter of taste.

When the '08s came out, there was a US version - carbureted - and a European version with fuel injection. Apparently the EU has stricter emission rules than the US. I don't know which version would go to Canada, but it might be something to look into. The old one - mine - has screw-and-locknut valve adjusters. I believe the new one uses shim-under-bucket adjusters, so you get to remove the cams to adjust the valves. For me, that would be the difference between doing it myself and taking it to the dealership. More likely, it would be a deal-breaker in that I simply wouldn't buy it.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 16:18:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Sir Mick! 250R Impressions Please!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.