Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
will dimpled handlebars work with savage controls? (Read 115 times)
RTC

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso, TX (Ft. Bliss)
will dimpled handlebars work with savage controls?
08/03/10 at 22:28:23

anyone got an answer for that?

IP Logged
RTC

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso, TX (Ft. Bliss)
Re: will dimpled handlebars work with savage contr
Reply #1 - 08/04/10 at 04:23:16

??? i really wanna get some from the the harley shop for ten bucks but i wanna make sure those dimples don't jack up the install....please anyone know??

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #2 - 08/04/10 at 06:58:37

I swapped mine with a set that were said to be HD.  Not sure what you mean about dimpled, mine had some knurls (I believe they call it) in the center, where it meets the riser brackets.  IIRC, we need those.  

But for $10, you could waste some time, but I don't see that you could really "hurt" anything by trying.  If it don't work, switch it back.  You can test the new ones without removing everything from the old ones until you know if its gonna work...  just my thoughts....

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #3 - 08/04/10 at 07:19:39

i am pretty sure the HB's (facdtory originals 7" rise 11.5 " reach) i bought as a replacement for the "drag" style that was on my 96 when i got it...the originals have dimples on the bar on both ends about 6 inches from the end.....my controls slid righ over them and tighened /work just fine.....also the factory originals have the knurling where the bar mounts to the head/risers.....the drag bar did not have the knurling or the dimples.

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
RTC

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso, TX (Ft. Bliss)
Reply #4 - 08/04/10 at 15:29:38

weracerc wrote on 08/04/10 at 07:19:39:
i am pretty sure the HB's (facdtory originals 7" rise 11.5 " reach) i bought as a replacement for the "drag" style that was on my 96 when i got it...the originals have dimples on the bar on both ends about 6 inches from the end.....my controls slid righ over them and tighened /work just fine.....also the factory originals have the knurling where the bar mounts to the head/risers.....the drag bar did not have the knurling or the dimples.

yep the dimples i am talking about are for post 1982 controls...or something like that. i thought i had heard on here that they wouldnt work. i understand that our controls dont need the extra little space but i guess judging by your post they will work...awsome

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 10:59:53

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › will dimpled handlebars work with savage controls?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.