Send Topic Print
i'm a new proud owner (Read 127 times)
Olga
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

i'm a new proud owner
08/03/10 at 03:10:59

as of yesterday  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy bought a 2002 savage and can't stop looking at it  Wink (nearly slept in the garage) can't ride it yet as not taxed and needs servicing (I think) just slightly worried as noticed a leak this morning at the height of front wheel - either the fork or the brake fluid - not sure... anybody out there in London?
Olga

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: i'm a new proud owner
Reply #1 - 08/03/10 at 04:55:03

Prettyearly for a fork leak, unless someone just didnt bother to wipe the forks down & let bugs harden & then run thru the seals,
How many miles on it?

Ride safe, enjoy your new fun way to getaround.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Olga
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 08/03/10 at 04:58:57

Thanks. Around 10000 miles, it's quite a leak, actually (around 10 cm diameter) so definitely something wrong, got me worried but hey... that's life - will get it fixed during the servicing. And yeah, testdrive was awesome - never sat on a more comfortable machine Smiley))

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 08/03/10 at 05:00:56

You better keep an eye on whoever is doin that servicing. Weve seen a couple engines ruined by mechanics putting the oil filter in backwards. Besides, if you watch, youll learn how. Then youll ride more ANDsave $$$. Hows That for a win/Win?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Olga
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 08/03/10 at 05:07:14

Problem is I don't know a first thing about motorcycle mechanics myself so even if I do watch them put the oil filter the other way around, I won't notice  Huh But yeah, good tip, would be great to knwo how to fix the essentials myself.

IP Logged
BALDY3260
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

east sussex UK
Reply #5 - 08/03/10 at 06:28:53

hey olga congrats  Cool i'm still looking for mine Sad prices seem real high at the moment  Shocked good luck and read all you can on here there's some great stuff and some great peeps to help you out Wink

IP Logged
Olga
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 08/03/10 at 06:32:26

hey baldy! thanks! it took me 2 weeks to find one. and even then had to travel 4 hours to get it - none available locally - be patient! and yes, cost me all my savings (no money left for servicing for now...) but it was all worth it  Wink

IP Logged
BALDY3260
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

east sussex UK
Reply #7 - 08/03/10 at 06:57:01

was that the one on ebay with the whitewall tyres? saw that and loved it Cool  but i want one to tear apart into a bobber it seemed too good for that Wink

IP Logged
Olga
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 08/03/10 at 07:02:42

Yep, that's the one  Smiley Smiley - went to Wigan and got it delivered to London. Looks very good. The problem is the leak now - probably the fork seal replacement coming my way, some 100 quid on top of servicing, there may be something else that isn't showing yet... Currently calling around to get best quotes. Most come up to £300 (servicing plus the seals) Oh joy... And yeah, I wouldn't let you (or anyone) tear this one apart, that's for sure! So you know a thing or two about motorcycles? Shame you're not closer, you could be earning yourself some extra cash here Wink

IP Logged
jarrod
YaBB Newbies

Spangdahlem Germany
Reply #9 - 08/04/10 at 04:06:28

If it wasn't for taking the ferry, I live in Germany, I would be there in a heart beat, to help you out.

2003 Savage bone stock for now

Nobody lives forever, the trick is creating something that will.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 08/04/10 at 07:00:37

Used to be a gal in Hawaii who hung out here. She totally rebuilt her own forks & did all kinds of maintenance on hers. Miss her. She was a sharp one.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 08:22:35

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › i'm a new proud owner

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.