Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Basic Mods
Reply #16 - 08/01/10 at 14:38:34

BILL -- Lancer will take on all Savage challengers this upcoming Wednesday at 1:30 PM.

You will all eat his evil smoky green frog farts and DIE !!

Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin

Meet us here to race Lancer on your Savage and lose
or to just come out to watch the terrible carnage as he lays waste to all Savage challengers ......

The meeting spot.

We will be there noonish oneish on Wednesday August 4th where we will unload the bikes from the trucks and and then proceed south on the scenic peaceful laid back section of 276 between Cruso and the Parkway.  

Lancer, being a gentleman, will even let you go first, just so the results will rub salt in all the raw bloody places that scenic peaceful laid back ol' US 276 will provide for you

Bill, bring some Klotz to rub on your wounds, I understand it has magical properties and can heal all wounds instantly.
<hee hee>

Jump directly off I-40 on to 23 south to Waynesville, then 276 south to Cruso.   Can't get no easier .....

« Last Edit: 08/02/10 at 00:44:12 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 08/01/10 at 14:59:17

We will be there noonish, oneish on Wednesday August 4th,right after the time management class.

There, fixed it for ya!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #18 - 08/02/10 at 00:42:58

Now Justin, we will be arriving at the tag end of a six hour road trip that has a somewhat fuzzy start point because I have to actually get off work and get home so we can get started on the trip.  

Point being that Lancer will be physically available next Wednesday to whup Bill's Savage in front of lots of witnesses, or your Savage or whomever's Savage.

It don't matter ... bring it.    US276 can handle it.   We can all eyeball witness it.

Hell.  I'll even sit on a certain corner I know too too well and film it as it slides on by ....

Reality ...  some of us actually ride our bikes on real roads that are physically challenging at significant rates of speed.   Lancer is one of them.  

And unlike any of the rest of the original Dragon Riders -- Lancer has never gone down yet.   Nor lost, either.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #19 - 08/02/10 at 02:27:54

YEA, AND O/F TALKS A LOT TOO...EH ? ?

BILL, I AM STILL TRYING TO FIND THE ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONIC DEMON THAT IS PLAGUING REX

IF I HAD ROOM IN THE TRUCK I WOULD BRING REX + THE 2 OF O/F'S BUT AS IS IT WILL JUST BE HIS BIKES

IT HAS BEEN A WHILE SINCE I LAST HAD MY BIKE ON THE ROAD FOR ANY LENGTH OF TIME AND IT IS FRUSTRATING TO NOT HAVE IT...HUGE BUMMER

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #20 - 08/02/10 at 04:12:24

Was just jerkin yer chain, OF. I heard a joke, years ago, about a time management class, Went something like this.

Time Management class
Mon/Wed/Fri
Start at 8:00 am, most days. Door should be open around 7:50, if not, hang around, Ill be there when I can get there.

Kinda along those lines..I thot it was funny.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #21 - 08/02/10 at 07:18:13

The Silver Surfer isn't REX, but it is Rexish -- lacks the big jug, high compression piston and custom carburetor but has the rest of the Rexish mods and he runs good enough for Lancer to kick all your butts with him.

And to quote Toymaker from June 28th, "From the very start (the Silver Surfer) ran away from us and we never saw him again for hours and hours".

Lancer was impossible to keep up with on a Hurley for crying out loud,  think what he will do to you on the worlds second/third fastest Savage?

Jest leave him some quiverin' Rexified carnage by the roadside, that's what he'd do.

===================

Old axle and wheel are in place and all is in readiness.   Both bikes are gassed, oiled and tire pressure checked.

Let's roll !!!!!

Yeeeeehaw !!

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #22 - 08/02/10 at 07:49:21

TIME TO GO PLAY !!!!!!!!

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #23 - 08/02/10 at 11:08:09

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 08/02/10 at 00:42:58:

Now Justin, we will be arriving at the tag end of a six hour road trip that has a somewhat fuzzy start point because I have to actually get off work and get home so we can get started on the trip.  

Point being that Lancer will be physically available next Wednesday to whup Bill's Savage in front of lots of witnesses, or your Savage or whomever's Savage.

It don't matter ... bring it.    US276 can handle it.   We can all eyeball witness it.

Hell.  I'll even sit on a certain corner I know too too well and film it as it slides on by ....

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f192/Oldfeller/DSCF0075.jpg

Reality ...  some of us actually ride our bikes on real roads that are physically challenging at significant rates of speed.   Lancer is one of them.  

And unlike any of the rest of the original Dragon Riders -- Lancer has never gone down yet.   Nor lost, either.

Of I'll be there, the crew is working on the Silver Blue S40 right this minute They said the only way to keep the front tire on the pavement Would be retard the spark 5 degrees and put a restricter in the carb

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #24 - 08/02/10 at 17:42:16

Looking forward to seeing you, Bill.    

Wink

You'd better be hitting the road fairly soon, it's 13 hours from Genoa City Wisconsin to the starting point.

========================

You know, Bill lives up beside the Great Lakes and yet it is within driving distance for him == a long day, but still doable.

Al does it every Dragon run .....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #25 - 08/03/10 at 01:58:15

I FINALLY GOT THE BLACK SHADOW "ROAD LEGAL" YESTERDAY SO I WILL BE RIDING IT FOR THIS ONE.  
MY SON IS SUCH A PROCRASTINATER...TAKES AFTER HIS DADDY I THINK
HOPEFULLY IT WILL SHAME REX INTO GETTING HIS ACT TOGETHER FROM NOW ON.  Grin

THE BLACK SHADOW ONLY HAS 2600 MILES ON IT SO IT IS ALMOST A VIRGIN VOYAGE FOR HIM.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #26 - 08/03/10 at 02:01:34

LANCER wrote on 08/03/10 at 01:58:15:
I FINALLY GOT THE BLACK SHADOW "ROAD LEGAL" YESTERDAY SO I WILL BE RIDING IT FOR THIS ONE.  
MY SON IS SUCH A PROCRASTINATER...TAKES AFTER HIS DADDY I THINK
HOPEFULLY IT WILL SHAME REX INTO GETTING HIS ACT TOGETHER FROM NOW ON.  Grin

THE BLACK SHADOW ONLY HAS 2600 MILES ON IT SO IT IS ALMOST A VIRGIN VOYAGE FOR HIM.

IT IS A NICE RUNNING MACHINE THOUGH; DIAMOND JIM DID A FINE JOB OF SETTING UP AND TESTING ALL SORTS OF BAFFLES FOR HIS PIPE TO GET JUST THE RIGHT ONE AND THEN JETTED/TUNED FOR IT

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #27 - 08/03/10 at 04:59:21

Thas a sharp lookin ride, Bud. The yeller plug wire looks great. Dont go scratchin it up.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #28 - 08/03/10 at 23:11:22

"Black Beauty is a pretty bike.  Don't go scratching it up."

Har !!

Somebody's been working on the engine
I spotted the red gasket stuff under the head cover and on the right side cover jest as soon as I got a close look at it on the back of the truck.  

Bike was bought brand new by Diamond Jim and only had 2,000 miles on the ticker when Lancer got it from Diamond Jim and I don't recollect Diamond Jim having to do anything engine-wise to make him have to take off the top cover.

2,000 miles is too soon for a top cover seal leak or a Verslaggy episode.

Remember, Black Beauty has been sitting in Dr. Frankenstein's lab for over six months now.   What are the odds that some strange bits and pieces got swapped into that pretty carcass to make a really sweet looking street sleeper out of it?  

This is Lancer, remember -- too many parts and too much time on his hands (and Rex is being all stubborn at the moment too)

Did he or didn't he?   Only his hairdresser knows for sure ....

Lancer should have used black gasket sealer if he wanted a really undetectable sleeper job (the red stuff is too easy a giveaway)

Grin    Grin    Grin    Grin

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #29 - 08/07/10 at 04:25:31

Needless to say, Bill failed to show up.   De Klotz boy, he likes to ride his keyboard --- not his motorcycle.

That's OK Bill, You would have had the exact same experience as every other wheeled vehicle that came into sight -- we savaged them all ....

Lancer rules

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 00:22:54

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Basic Mods

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.