Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Clutch Help (Read 32 times)
Simon
YaBB Newbies

Bensalem Pa
Clutch Help
07/31/10 at 09:06:51

Hello everybody im in need of some advise...  Before I eplain the situation i want to add what had been dont to the bike so far..  its an 87 that i bought in non running condition with 8800 miles on her, once i got her running with a good carb cleaning i rejetted the carb with a performance kit i bought on ebay, along with a cone air filter.  I did the sportster seat mod, new z handle bars, new teardrop mirrors, i relocated the lic plate to the side of the bike and have led light installed for a lic plate light.  New turn signals and a smaller tail light.  New paint brake pads and finally i put in new clutch friction plates.  Let me also mention this has been a work in progress for almost 3 years now and has seen maybe 500 miles on the rode in this time.  The problem is that everytime i fix something something else breaks.  Also i went through hell replacing that o ring to stop my oil leak.  (snapped a bolt with tourqin her down... i know i should have bought new engine head bolts)  Now back to to story i replaced the clutch and keep in mind i did this last winter and then it sat untill a few weeks ago...

now the problem and question...

The clutch friction plates were the last thing i replaced and this was during winter.  I guess I didnt finish everything because the clutch on the engine was not properly adjusted... When the clutch handle at the handle bars was let go all the way the clutch would still be engaged (or is it disingaged) meaing that it was like i was riding holding the clutch at the handle bars a little... now thats not what i was doing its the clutch cable that i didnt adjust and forgot about but i didnt notice until it was to late... i rode the bike for about 300 miles and then on one ride i was cruising at about 80 and then the bike started revving faster and going slower untill it came to a stop.. and now it wont move at all through any gears.. since this happen i adjusted the cable properly and still nothing... I know i made a stupid mistake but now im not sure how to fix it.. I dont know if i need new clutch and if so do i need friction plates or if i need new steal drive plates 2.  Or if the problem is something else all together... Any help will be very much appreciated.  Im getting tired of my suzi not being on the rode... pic to come soon

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Clutch Help
Reply #1 - 07/31/10 at 09:26:50

If you kept your old clutch plates, youll be allright. Old Feller, I think, is the clutch guy & can explain to you how to repair your problem.

Hint, never ride w/o slack in the clutch lever. If you cant move it about 1/8th of an inch with the tip of your nose, its too tight.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 20:17:04

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Clutch Help

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.