Send Topic Print
Turn Signal Relay (Read 76 times)
LWRider
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Turn Signal Relay
07/28/10 at 12:02:30

I cleaned what I thought was my turn signal relay the other day, but now I think it was the side stand relay (it has four terminals). Things are hard to diagnose on my bike because I think I have a later model wiring harness on a '86 bike. I know my wiring diagram calls for a two terminal relay for that, not four.

Anyway, I got a package of four relays from a 2006 bike (I needed the decomp unit but they came as a set). I am pretty sure my turn signal relay is bad; my signals go on but do not flash. Anyway, in this package is what I think is a turn signal relay with smaller terminals than my bike. I can adapt it if I can find out for sure if it is the turn signal relay. Can anyone show me what a 2006 model relay looks like? If not, I will probably just run out and get a generic auto one, but if this is one I might as well use it.

TIA,

Mike

IP Logged
LWRider
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Turn Signal Relay
Reply #1 - 07/28/10 at 12:28:38

Here's a pciture of what I have. On the left is the old relay, and on the right is the one that came with the set of relays from a 2006.

And here is the label on the new one. The old one doesn't have any markings other than NipponDenson Made in Japan.

IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #2 - 07/28/10 at 13:01:54

What year did they come out with the feature that turned off the lights during cranking, seems like this relay might have been used for that. The OE one is an inexpensive replacement turn signal flasher, 2 prongs at 90 degrees, B = battery, l= load. Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 07/28/10 at 15:09:14

a 12v thermal flasher relay from advanced auto or pepboys works just fine. Cut the connecter off the wires and solder one to each prong on the relay. Doesnt matter which wire on which prong. then wrap it liberally in electrical tape, slather it with liquid electrical tape or have some heat shrink insulation ready.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 14:21:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Turn Signal Relay

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.