Send Topic Print
Belt tension gauge (Read 130 times)
LS650
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Belt tension gauge
07/27/10 at 08:54:32

Hi guys and gals and thank you for such an informative and entertaining website.

I'm struggling to find a belt tensioning gauge for the LS650. Any ideas where I can get one, or is there a workaround without it?

Hope someone can help,

Kev  Smiley

P.S. Don't accidentally leave the ignition switched on for 2 days as it will kill your battery (dead, us etc). I did and now I'm waiting for a new Gel battery.

IP Logged
spacepirates
Serious Thumper

Igni Ferroque

Pittsburgh, PA
Re: Belt tension gauge
Reply #1 - 07/27/10 at 10:02:07

i think the most likely place to find them would be the trash. not a very useful tool.

we use the twist method 'round these parts. take the top belt, and twist it with two fingers. if you can reach 90 degrees (as in, belt is now twisted vertical instead of horizontal) without much struggle, belt is good. (without any struggle, needs tightened. with a lot of struggle, needs loosened).

--
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
  IP Logged
LS650
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 07/27/10 at 10:42:33

Thanks for that SpacePirates. I had thought there must be another way. I will try that.

Haven't had the bike very long and the belt is as it came ie. Tuned to a High E.

Thanks indeed.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 07/27/10 at 10:49:56

I put mine in gear, roll backwards till it stops, then check the twist on the bottom side.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
james may

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

holyoke, ma
Reply #4 - 07/27/10 at 21:26:07

my belt is adjusted within spec of the gauge and I have no problems driving no squeeking no wear or difficulty accelerating.. nothing.. so my tensioner tool must be the exception because my bike runs perfect and has belt tension between the two lines on the tool that came with the bike..

doublecheerypie   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 16:17:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Belt tension gauge

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.