babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
How can I tell?
07/25/10 at 09:38:15

Well, I had never done any tweaking to my bike, even after I replaced the muffler.  I thought it was all stock.  Alot of reading about carbs and such, so I looked to see if the cap/plug over the air/fuel mix screw was still intact and its not there.  So obvioulsy someone has done some adjusting.  
I guess I'd like to know if there is any way to figure out what has been done... spacers, jets, etc??

Remember, female here, so I will need detailed, specific instructions....

(2006 model, currently 6000 miles.  Bought it with 2900 miles, 1-1/2 years ago)

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: How can I tell?
Reply #1 - 07/25/10 at 09:47:59

rather than knowing what tweaks been done, I think it's more important to know your bike is running right.  tweaks will be done to get it there.

WWW   IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #2 - 07/25/10 at 09:56:34

If it runs what even a woman conciders good, Roll Eyes...maybe even near perfect, I wouldn't care. And except for the muffler and the cap over the air screw, I don't know how you could tell what carb mods were done,......unless the screws on the carb bowl are all buchered.

I believe mine was stock at 3800 miles, muffler, and the plug still over the screw etc. Mine run good except surging badly at light load 1/4 throttle, so I did the 1/2 spacer, and now I call it perfect. I see no need to ever remove that brass plug,...low speed and idle is perfect. And I don't detect any hi speed leaness either, even w/ the drilled exhaust.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
james may

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

holyoke, ma
Reply #3 - 07/25/10 at 09:58:03

yeah if it's running fine don't worry.  Mods like exhaust air filter etc are obvious cause you can just look at the bike and see them.. everything else is unlikely(new carb, new cams, boring engine).. they may have jetted it or just adjusted the skrew.  To see how far out the skrew is you can gently turn it in until it stops counting the turns and then turn it back out.  to find out about the jets you have to rip apart the carb and look at the jets.

doublecheerypie   IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #4 - 07/25/10 at 10:01:30

I get a bit of surging/chugging in the first few miles of riding.  Hubby said that's normal, but I don't remember it doing it as much when I first got the bike.  I guess that's what got me wondering.  Actually I guess it runs pretty dang well, so I better leave well enough alone, huh.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #5 - 07/25/10 at 10:02:13

Does it pull real strong from 40mph in high gear.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 07/25/10 at 12:50:01

If your gas mileage is 60+ on average... you are probably stock jetting or very near it...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
james may

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

holyoke, ma
Reply #7 - 07/25/10 at 13:00:46

babyhog wrote on 07/25/10 at 10:01:30:
I get a bit of surging/chugging in the first few miles of riding.  Hubby said that's normal, but I don't remember it doing it as much when I first got the bike.  I guess that's what got me wondering.  Actually I guess it runs pretty dang well, so I better leave well enough alone, huh.

Yeah that's what your choke is for.  Actually you should warm your bike up for 5 minutes before you ride.  Carbs are stupid no issues at like that with fuel injection.

doublecheerypie   IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #8 - 07/25/10 at 21:29:07

Piglet, I wouldn't be too concerned unless she starts acting up. Keep a check on the oil as well as your mpg. Keep listening and she will tell you when something is quite right.  Smiley kim

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 06:19:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › How can I tell?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.