Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Headlight Replacement Ideas (Read 195 times)
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Headlight Replacement Ideas
07/23/10 at 09:53:25

My el-cheap stock plastic headlight shell has fallen victim to the dreaded crack disease.  For the moment, my good buddy Duck Tape is handling the job OK, but I am sure it will tire and fail.

I know people here have replaced the headlight with various others.  I would like to hear what you did and how well it worked.  Pictures always welcome.  Part numbers, prices and sources VERY welcome.

This needs to mount to a stock savage.  So you guys that replaced the front end (triple Ts, forks, etc), no need to tell me you did so.
I do run a Suzuki windshield, but I also have a dremel to whittle it down if needed.

As always, many thanks!

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Headlight Replacement Ideas
Reply #1 - 07/23/10 at 10:42:17

Paladin has a monster light, looks great. Drop him a line.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #2 - 07/23/10 at 18:05:45

This is a 7" Harley bottom mount headlight.  The first try was a small piece of steel, two holes to match the Triple-T and a forward center hole for the headlight.  Placed the headlight far forward, for me.

Second try, which I like, was just four pieces of aluminum 2" angle.  Two holes to bolt to the Triple-T, one hole for the headlight, and 8 little bolt/nuts to hole the sides.  No change to the stock Triple-T, just a little saw and drill to match two holes to one hole.  With the boot to place the mount just the place I wanted it sit.

The headlight I got in eBay, it was for a buggy headlight but he only had one.  Motorcycle was not mentioned and cyclist did not notice the ad.  I got it for the $10 start bidding plus $10 shipping.  I stole it.   It looks like this one from the web: http://www.debrix.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=19929-M1 ($220).

« Last Edit: 07/16/11 at 09:34:30 by Paladin. »  
WWW   IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #3 - 07/24/10 at 03:16:01

Thanks for the pics and info Paladin.
I've been looking at a chrome adapter, but they run around $60.  Those 4 pieces of angle are a nifty solution!

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Reply #4 - 07/24/10 at 04:36:21

I got this from www.demon-tweeks.co.uk it cost me £60 odd it is now £126.00 it is called a Cibie Oscar and it takes an H4 bulb.

Once you are in demon-tweeks click on motorsport, scroll down a little and click on lighting & accessories then front auxiliary lamps then scroll down to Cibie Oscar.
Clive W Smiley

« Last Edit: 07/24/10 at 05:44:20 by klx650sm2002 »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 07:33:42

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Headlight Replacement Ideas

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.