Documents (Read 178 times)
Edgar

Are you a lucky
little lady in the
city of light?

San Diego
Documents
07/18/10 at 22:38:51

Where do u guys keep ur registration papers on ur bikes???

Stay Frosty.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Documents
Reply #1 - 07/18/10 at 22:49:00

keep it in your wallet

WWW   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #2 - 07/19/10 at 03:22:40

It might be a good idea to keep a copy (i.e. a good quality photocopy) taped under the seat.
Of course the LEO won't consider it valid, but just in case you happen to live that one-in-a-million shot where they flag you down just as you were heading back home when you realize you have no papers...  Lips Sealed at least you can "temporarily" show them you're absent minded, but legit.

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #3 - 07/19/10 at 03:33:13

I do not have great success with keeping important papers in my wallet.  I agree that would be a great placg for them, but my wallet ends up getting wet (sweat, fall into creek or whatever) and the papers get all mushy and the colors run and it is a mess.  It is a good thing that driver's license and such are plastic or at least laminated.

I put my bike papers in a small zip lock bag, put that into a little plastic pouch and zip tied it inside of the tool box.  I know some have had trouble with loosing the tool box cover, but mine is nice and tight.  The papers are always with the bike and they stay dry as well.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Phelonius
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 07/20/10 at 10:19:24

Get a short piece of PVC pipe and cap off one end. Fit the other with a screw plug.  Hose clamp it to the frame.
After rolling up the paper and inserting it there is enough room in the center for a fat fresh rolled doobie.

Phelonius

Phelonius
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #5 - 07/20/10 at 11:58:07

I don't carry mine with me at all,Only was stopped once  for racing on a freeway got a fine but he didn't ask for any papers.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #6 - 07/20/10 at 15:00:18

Perhaps depends on State laws. Here in Nebraska it is required that the registration and proof of insurance be carried with the vehicle. I put mine in a plastic zip-lock bag and carry it inside the tool compartment.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
Tanker2Biker

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX (north of Houston)
Reply #7 - 07/20/10 at 15:50:04

Prof of registation's not a problem in Texas.  Registration is a sticker on your plate.  You do have to have Drivers License with Motorcycle endorsement, and proof of insurance.  I laminated my insurance card and keep it in the tool box.

IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #8 - 07/20/10 at 17:34:38

Insurance and registration stay in my wallet. Easy to get out if needed and if someone lifts the bike, at least I got papers to prove what's let's of it is mine.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #9 - 07/20/10 at 17:38:12

Let's hope Phelonious' Doobie doesn't stick with the papers when he produces the for the police. Smiley. That could be a major faux pas.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #10 - 07/20/10 at 19:14:13

I like that idea of the PVC pipe ...  be nice if it was black .   Now I put mine in the tool bag under the chrome side cover.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #11 - 07/20/10 at 20:03:54

I keep my registration inside a ziploc baggie inside either my backpack or the piece of luggage. My insurance card I keep inside my wallet along with my drivers licence.

IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 07/20/10 at 20:24:52

I keep the originals at home and a copy of registration and insurance in my wallet. I also gave the cops a waver to stop me at any time and ask for them. Nothing to hide here...unlike the guy that just sole my bike Smiley

IP Logged
Edgar

Are you a lucky
little lady in the
city of light?

San Diego
Reply #13 - 07/20/10 at 21:08:21

Plenty of good ideas, I'm gonna go with a photo copy inside a zip lock bag, inside of the tool box with the original at home

Stay Frosty.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #14 - 07/20/10 at 22:20:20

Skid Mark wrote on 07/20/10 at 17:38:12:
Let's hope Phelonious' Doobie doesn't stick with the papers when he produces the for the police. Smiley. That could be a major faux pas.

or,....not?,...  in more urban areas you should wrap it in a couple of $20's...  Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 08:44:54

General CategoryThe Cafe › Documents

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.