Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Repainting starter pictures (Read 118 times)
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Repainting starter pictures
07/18/10 at 17:24:45

The side panel is the new sweet cream that will also be on the tank and fender sides. Not sure if I will run the small solo seat or my regular dished seat yet. Solo is cute, but comfort means more on this bike.

The new orange, since the old orange is no longer in production. I'm going to miss the candy orange with metallic dust, but, this is more era correct.

I think they'll go well together...

Had a bit of a fubar, the cream got cleared within an hour and is nice and glassy. I think the orange went past one hour, when the clear hit it, I ended up with a wrinkle finish... Angry NOT the look I intended. At all. Now I have to wait 24 hours, sand to primer, respray the orange, and remember to clear it within an hour (preferably within 10 minutes). What a pain in the butt. It will be worth it though, fresh paint all the way around, some more chrome deletion, new peg rubbers and grips...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
ArGaT
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Repainting starter pictures
Reply #1 - 07/19/10 at 02:16:41

Bad luck WD what happened got distracted?? Your right about the colours though they will look really sweet together.

I appologise about the crudeness of this but i am literally doing this as im putting my shoes on to go to a meeting.

« Last Edit: 07/19/10 at 03:53:48 by ArGaT »  
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: Repainting starter pictures
Reply #2 - 07/19/10 at 04:49:46

You did better with that than I could have.

There are a lot of distractions around my place, vintage vehicles, beagle, chickens (2 roosters and 9 hens), miniature horse, wildlife... So, who knows. No big deal, paint is cheap, sandpaper is cheap and it just sets me back a day on that one part.

Painting the tins is easy, the engine is going to be a nuisance. Leaks like an old British bike or Ironhead Sportster.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 20:21:00

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Repainting starter pictures

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.