Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Two toning has commenced... 1950s style. (Read 81 times)
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Two toning has commenced... 1950s style.
07/18/10 at 11:18:56

Started the latest color change yesterday. I'm adding a "sweet cream" accent color to the candy tangerine with bronze/copper dust. Cream side panels, fender sides, tank sides. Cream scallops for the headlight (remember, I run a 7" steel sidemount, up high). I might black out the battery box this time, the chrome is looking seriously ratted out. Deep sixing the Chevy red-orange engine paint in favor of a nice matte black or dark gray to match the frame color (not picked out yet).

May end up changing to a non-metallic orange once all the cream is sprayed. Just depends on my mood. These things are so small that $40-60 is a complete color change, including the frame.

I'm going to swap out the stock front fender in favor of a new old stock Honda from the Cobra Boulevard line. I've never liked the stock fender and it goes poorly with the FL rear I now run. Just for giggles I'm going to fit the 8" rise bars off the Pan and an old windshield I have floating around here. May even put my TLS front wheel (1969 750 Suzuki 2 stroke triple) on to complete the look. Apes for comfort, lower for looks.

I'll get some in progress pics up later, Lisa isn't home and I know diddly about loading pics to her storage site.

Oh, and Azrael (formerly Pokey) is running again, the battery had a plate come loose...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 06:28:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Two toning has commenced... 1950s style.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.