Send Topic Print
new upholstery (Read 102 times)
james may

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

holyoke, ma
new upholstery
07/17/10 at 19:16:15

got bored a couple days ago so decided to mod my bike a bit heres what it looked like before..

and here's what it looked like after

closeup of tank bag/bib..

doublecheerypie   IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Re: new upholstery
Reply #1 - 07/17/10 at 19:52:42

nice!

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #2 - 07/17/10 at 22:47:11

Looks good. 1 question. Is the tank bib sewn into the underside of the seat?

IP Logged
ArGaT
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 07/18/10 at 03:14:10

nice job !!
Ilove your handlebar and risers also ami right in thinking there 4" risers? how do they work on the bike and is there much room on the turn to go lower?

IP Logged
00 Savage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 07/18/10 at 05:29:29

Good job on seat,been thinking about doing that myself. Need to talk the wife into sewing it for me though! Are those stock or aftermarket risers? Thanks and be safe,Cat

IP Logged
james may

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

holyoke, ma
Reply #5 - 07/18/10 at 05:55:27

Risers are aftermarket unfortunately I don't know exactly what they are they came with the bike when I bought it I think they are 4".  There's plenty of room for tight slow turns on these risers ya could probably go down maybe an inch and still be fine.  The bib has 2 holes at the tank mount/seat hook part that it's bolted on with it's not part of the seat but it flows nice cause it's all the same material.  It's tied on with 2 straps in the front around the neck, it seems to pull alittle down so need to tighten the top straps alittle.  It's all new foam(smaller profile than stock) and all new cloth so I can always go back to stock if I wanted to without a problem.  Total cost was 35$.  

justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 07/18/10 at 06:21:17

Sewing stuff like that is fun. Ya did good. I hope you didnt put so many stitches in it that it effectively Cuts the material. You might go back & reinforce some areas where you had to reverse & forward & `reverse w/ some contact cement. Next time youre gonne put a hem in a curved area try using straight pins to hold it & cut some small V-notches to give it some relief. Just pull the pins before they go under the presser foot.

What kinda machine you using?

Savage Wahine4,, now there was a craftsman! ( & NO, I dont care about the PC)

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
james may

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

holyoke, ma
Reply #7 - 07/18/10 at 06:30:11

Quote:
Sewing stuff like that is fun. Ya did good. I hope you didnt put so many stitches in it that it effectively Cuts the material. You might go back & reinforce some areas where you had to reverse & forward & `reverse w/ some contact cement. Next time youre gonne put a hem in a curved area try using straight pins to hold it & cut some small V-notches to give it some relief. Just pull the pins before they go under the presser foot.

What kinda machine you using?

Savage Wahine4,, now there was a craftsman! ( & NO, I dont care about the PC)

Yeah not an experienced sower.  I did it without pinning anything together just holding both pieces at the right distance and the seat pans just have bends in them at a rough angle to where it needs to be and then stretching and stapling gets a good fit.  I used a singer 2662. Kinda a basic but more modern machine.  The machine didn't really pull the thick material through very good so it needed assisance from me pushing it through which could account for some tighter and slightly uneven stitching.  That's a good tip on the relief cuts woulda made folding over the curved parts easier to manage.

justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 07/18/10 at 06:36:12

Well, I AM experienced. Ive done more sewing than most guys my age. I hope that by now youve noticed I didnt say I was any good at it. You did allrite. Takes time. It took me 40 hours to make an "Easy Sew" skirt for my girl. Pattern said t was a 3 hour, maybe 4 hour project. IDK How it took so long, but it did, Didnt ruin me on sewing tho, I still get a kick out of it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 12:27:56

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › new upholstery

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.