Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Windshield fits Savage but not S models ??? (Read 414 times)
RC

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Quartz Hill Ca.
Re: Windshield fits Savage but not S models ???
Reply #15 - 07/22/10 at 20:16:28

Does anyone know if a handlebar mounted units like Trishs viberate or shake more at highway speeds than the more conventional shock mounted  unit. And whats the deals with the factory windshield doesn't anyone here use the Suzuki part.

IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #16 - 07/23/10 at 05:14:15

Seems the stock Suzy windshields are a lot more money. Even the dealer here doesn't push them.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Joe F

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 07/23/10 at 13:20:23

I have a Factory windshield for warmer weather.  It's pretty nice and looks good on the bike. Some store's ebay closeout was faster and cheaper then the local dealer Sad

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #18 - 07/23/10 at 22:04:30

Post a pic of the new shield after you get it put on so we can see what it looks like and how well it covers...

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #19 - 07/24/10 at 05:20:48

I really think I wanted the National plexi fairing-3 because of the formed upper, and extended lowers but had to settle for the falcon 32. I hope it looks better than what I expect. I was thinking of snapping some black vinyl to the lower,......thinking it will be more forgiving for hitting the tank when turning the wheel all the way. I have all the equipment for doing boat canvas.
The shield will be here Monday,...I'll post a pic after install.

EJID wrote on 07/23/10 at 22:04:30:
Post a pic of the new shield after you get it put on so we can see what it looks like and how well it covers...

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #20 - 07/24/10 at 05:25:02

I have slipstreamers 2 point handle bar mount "spitfire shield" now, and no vibration problem, but the shield is small.

RC wrote on 07/22/10 at 20:16:28:
Does anyone know if a handlebar mounted units like Trishs viberate or shake more at highway speeds than the more conventional shock mounted  unit. And whats the deals with the factory windshield doesn't anyone here use the Suzuki part.

Rich
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #21 - 07/27/10 at 09:54:23

Routy wrote on 07/24/10 at 05:20:48:
I really think I wanted the National plexi fairing-3 because of the formed upper, and extended lowers but had to settle for the falcon 32. I hope it looks better than what I expect. I was thinking of snapping some black vinyl to the lower,......thinking it will be more forgiving for hitting the tank when turning the wheel all the way. I have all the equipment for doing boat canvas.
The shield will be here Monday,...I'll post a pic after install.

EJID wrote on 07/23/10 at 22:04:30:

I know, the flash pic sucks ! Sorry.
I got my new Slipstreamer 32-20 Falcon installed, and road tested,......
I am thoroughly impressed ! no other word for it.
The bad part,....I see myself riding at faster speeds now. This is the next thing to riding in a cage ! I will recomment this shield to anyone that doesn't like wind turbulence ripping your face off Grin

Rich
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 16:17:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Windshield fits Savage but not S models ???

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.