Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Joys of the Wal-Mart Battery .... (Read 432 times)
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Re: Joys of the Wal-Mart Battery ....
Reply #15 - 07/12/10 at 23:37:10

I don't know who makes their cycle/ATV batteries, but they sure aren't made by Walmart. The 6 yr old "Everstart" starting battery in my motor home is made by Johnson Controls, and is still going strong. Some of their deep cycle batteries are made by Excide, others by US Battery. So many times people badmouth WM batteries,....just as if they are made in china for WM, when in reality they are most likely the same battery that you will get at 90% of the auto supply stores, made by one of the 3 major US battery mfgs, only w/ a different name on them.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #16 - 07/14/10 at 16:06:21

Won't use a big charger on a bike battery. That little bomb gets hot way too fast... I've had more than one bike battery pop while charging at more than an amp and a half, 6 volt, 12 volt, little toy Trail 90 spec or 80 inch Chief. Charge them deep, charge them slow, and if it takes more than 36 hours at 1/2 amp, the battery is junk.

Picked up another one on the way home today. The 4 month old battery is completed chalked up. Too bad the bike battery warranty is a month...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #17 - 07/14/10 at 22:03:14

According to the experts, most batteries don't just die a natural death, they are tortured to death prematurely, from either being run dry from over charging on an unregulated charger, or more common, never being fully charged,......sitting around 1/2 dead most the time. And this is one reason why the short 90 day warrantee.

WD wrote on 07/14/10 at 16:06:21:
Won't use a big charger on a bike battery. That little bomb gets hot way too fast... I've had more than one bike battery pop while charging at more than an amp and a half, 6 volt, 12 volt, little toy Trail 90 spec or 80 inch Chief. Charge them deep, charge them slow, and if it takes more than 36 hours at 1/2 amp, the battery is junk.

Picked up another one on the way home today. The 4 month old battery is completed chalked up. Too bad the bike battery warranty is a month...

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
wingsout
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lockport NY
Reply #18 - 07/15/10 at 16:10:03

I've had one in mine(05 S40)since the snow melted---no problems---the puke tube is on the "wrong" side; not a big deal though.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 13:38:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Joys of the Wal-Mart Battery ....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.