Send Topic Print
7 hours, 200+ miles (Read 110 times)
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
7 hours, 200+ miles
07/05/10 at 22:19:07

We met at 10am and headed north up Hwy 185. We were representing a small variety of manufacturers. An 1100 V-star, an 800 Vulcan & old trusty...

First stop was at Rough River Lake state park. We decided to take a break & have lunch at the lodge. I thought the huge flag was very appropriate for the 4th of July weekend.

The next stop was a quickie for a cold drink.

Then we made our way back south, and a little east to Nolin Lake state park.

We continued south and headed through Mammoth Cave National park. The ride was awesome!

We crossed the Green River on 2 different ferries. Pictures may not be in order & some of them I stole.

Waiting for the ferry.

It was an awesome day to ride! The savage performed without a flaw. I even wore my helmet all day as I'm a firm believer in SOTGSOTT (some of the gear, some of the time)

Little Sturgis is next weekend but I can't make it this year. Maybe next time...

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: 7 hours, 200+ miles
Reply #1 - 07/05/10 at 22:25:18

Nice!...  Thanks for all the great pics...
Hope you didn't show up the other bikes too bad....
Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #2 - 07/05/10 at 22:33:11

Great pics.  I look at them, and I wish that I had been along.  The scenery was terrific, so different from what we have here in Arizona.  I guess that the grass really is greener on the other side of the Rockies.

IP Logged
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
Reply #3 - 07/05/10 at 22:50:03

Thanks y'all

We don't try to show each other up, just along for the ride man... The easier the better, as far as I'm concerned. I gotta say though, everyone was complaining about the sore a$$, even the V-star with the $400 Mustang seat. Mine never got that bad. I still believe my thin little solo seat is still the most comfortable seat my a$$ has ever had the pleasure of meeting! Ever!

I really wish I could show ALL the great scenery we've got around here. There's a lot of really cool stuff that's impossible to get pictures of without stopping. Arizona has a beauty that I find absolutely amazing & I regret not seeing it since the mid 90's...

IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #4 - 07/06/10 at 03:07:57

Cool ride, thanks for sharing the pics!

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #5 - 07/06/10 at 05:53:29

Very nice pictures.  I love seeing other people's trips.  I didn't take as many pictures along the way, but hubby and I rode almost 300 miles, 10 hours on Monday.  Yea, my A$$ was dead!  My whole body was dead.  
We are taking a long weekend in 2 weeks, rented a cabin at Holly River State Park, so we decided to take the ride yesterday to pick a route.  160 miles there on back roads, hit the interstate on the way home and cut 40 miles off.  I must say I was proud of the Piglet, ran 60-65 for 50+ miles of interstate.  (I'm not an interstate rider, but truthfully, I was tired of the curvy back road!)  Just wanted to get home.  I will say that was too many miles for me in one day.  We stopped once to eat lunch, a couple times to get a cold drink, potty, etc.  Stayed at the park maybe an hour, but a lot of riding.... I even voluntarily drove the car to work today...  

Here are a few pics I took:

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
Reply #6 - 07/06/10 at 06:01:03

Nice! Looks like a beautiful place!!

IP Logged
Phelonius
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 07/06/10 at 09:33:08

What? No photo of a cross eyed kid with a banjo?
How close is that river to Big Bone Lick Kentucky?

Phelonius

Phelonius
  IP Logged
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
Reply #8 - 07/06/10 at 10:30:00

Not close at all... Wrong end of the state

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #9 - 07/06/10 at 17:47:56

Nice pics as well as stories behind them both Piglet and earlytimz. Is nice to see some of the scenery from your parts of the woods.  Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 03:11:56

General CategoryThe Cafe › 7 hours, 200+ miles

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.