Send Topic Print
Well, I tried (Read 87 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Well, I tried
07/03/10 at 05:38:14

Thank you for your submission to the Alternative Response Technology (ART) process for the Deepwater Horizon MC252 incident. Your submission has been reviewed for its technical merits.

It has been determined that your idea falls into one of the following ART categories: Already Considered/Planned, Not Feasible, or Not Possible, and therefore will not be advanced for further evaluation. To date, we have received over 80,000 submissions with each submission receiving individual consideration and priority based on merit and need.

BP and Horizon Deepwater Unified Command appreciate your contribution and interest in responding to this incident.

Michael J. Cortez
Technical Manager
Alternative Response Technology Team
Deepwater Horizon Call Center - Houston, TX

ReplyReply All

But, was it already considered? Not feasible or impossible? Blast it, I wanna know!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Stimpy - FSO
Serious Thumper

SuzukisSavage Int'l
Division

Germany - formerly SD, SoCal
Re: Well, I tried
Reply #1 - 07/03/10 at 06:11:06

Bravo for getting involved.  What was your suggestion?

Recently sold 97'savage (change of residence) - looking to buy another - just bought a temp, a great SR125 called 'methadone'
WWW Stimpy - FSO   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 07/03/10 at 06:25:09

A series of explosives positioned on opposite sides of increasing opwer to slowly close the casing off was one.
Another was wedges & rollers set into the seabed that would slowly crimp the casing closed.
I still thin it would work, but, only on a well that isnt already blown thru the casing. I think there is oil escaping outside the casing now, WAY below the BOP. I think that if someone could drop a plug straight into the BOP & seal it off, we would see gas & oil bubbling up from the sea bed.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
kel30734

Dragon Rider

Calhoun, GA
Reply #3 - 07/03/10 at 07:51:27

and then when you have comprimised the Casing under the sea bed and have oil comming up from the sea floor in a hundred diffrent spots what do ya do Nuke the entire area to turn the sand to glass and then you will have a cap............... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Just my 2cents

WWW kel30755   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 07/03/10 at 08:20:59

Its already compromised. The relief wells may allow them to inject pluging materials down low & re-seal the leaky areas IF they can get that done before the sand & debris being pushed up now is able to completely destroy the well bore. Ive heard there is only 1 relief well being drilled now, & Ive heard there are 2. Im hoping there are 2.
Aas it stands, today, there is oil & gas billowing up, from the sea bed, thru fissures, outside the casing, OR So I hear. I havent any proof of that

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #5 - 07/03/10 at 13:25:55

"We would see gas & oil bubbling up from the sea bed."

Yes, they have pictures of oil and gas seeping from cracks all over the seafloor in the area of the well.

...we are screwed.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 07/03/10 at 14:15:09

Maybe not, IF they can get wells into the existing well, below the casing problems.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/14/24 at 23:58:59

General CategoryThe Cafe › Well, I tried

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.