Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Amazing! Really Amazing! (Read 50 times)
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Amazing! Really Amazing!
07/02/10 at 00:22:28

I posted this a while back. My riding buddy who rode across the states with me a few years ago, him on his Kawasaki  police bike and me on my savage, fell asleep last may on his way to Vegas. 70mph. Went end over end. Air lifted him to Reno where he was in intensive care for 2 months. Broken ankle, broken left leg, broken back requiring surgery to fuse a joint. Fractured shoulder, neck and right wrist. 4 broken ribs and they removed one. Air lifted him to a VA rehabilitation center in Vancouver Washington til last November when he was allowed to go home wearing a back brace. Some of our friends went and brought his smashed up bike home. He started working on it in my garage over the winter and one year from the date of his accident, Pat my friend,  I and Greg D and Julie (the guy who made the CD on the home page) went for a long ride this past week. Pat is 60 years old. Really amazing!  Most people would have been dead! One year later, and we are planning a trip to California down highway 101 in July.

IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Amazing! Really Amazing!
Reply #1 - 07/02/10 at 01:18:52

i vaguely remember you mentioning the accident. It IS amazing. I officially drink my one past too many in Pats name. I hope Im never in a serious wreck like that, BUT ...if i am I hope I have the huevos to come out of it like your buddy (and our own Phelonious) has.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Amazing! Really Amazing!
Reply #2 - 07/02/10 at 01:47:58

4 broken ribs and they removed one.

Wow, as amazing as the rest of the story is, Im surprised they dint make a woman while they had that rib handy to use as a starter.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/14/24 at 18:29:55

General CategoryThe Cafe › Amazing! Really Amazing!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.