Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Going away for awhile--Thanks to all (Read 226 times)
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Going away for awhile--Thanks to all
06/30/10 at 19:25:56

Well the time has come. Because of my unemployment and financial situation, I will very soon be losing my cable/internet/phone, and probably my apartment, drums, wife, etc., etc., etc.. Unless they pass the unemployment extension, or I land a job. (after searching unsuccessfully for 2 years)
I wanted to thank all of you guys who have advised me over the last 4 years. I never would have gotten and kept the bike running without your unselfish input. There is such a wealth of knowledge on this site, it's truly amazing.
If and when I ever get back on my feet again, I will get my internet connection back and stop back to say HI!  (if the wife doesn't confiscate the computer when she bolts)
Again, thanks to all and hope to be back soon. Until then.................

THUMP THUMP THUMP

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Going away for awhile--Thanks to all
Reply #1 - 06/30/10 at 20:23:15

My guts churn when I see whats happening in this country. KNowing( well, believing I know) how it came to be this way SERIOUSLY makes me MAD. I am sorry for your troubles.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 06/30/10 at 21:57:11

We'll be here,... we hope...
Free internet access at most libraries...
Take care,... hope to see you back soon... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #3 - 06/30/10 at 22:03:26

Our heart goes out to you. You are not alone. We all hope for a turnaround soon, and hope you can come back soon.

Cheers,.......

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #4 - 06/30/10 at 22:11:46

Drums, my best to you. Hopefully soon you will be back and your life turns around for the best as well... Keep your chin up and remember you have lots of friends here that wish you all the best.. Kim Smiley

IP Logged
Stimpy - FSO
Serious Thumper

SuzukisSavage Int'l
Division

Germany - formerly SD, SoCal
Reply #5 - 07/01/10 at 00:12:34

Good luck drums.

But wait, 2 years nojob? Rly?  What's ur line of work?
Maybe its time to bite it and get a mortal job for a while
waitering, in the kitchen or maybe some kind of manual
labor, honest work for honest pay; me for example, you
Don't even want to know what my qualifications are and
I'm a cook now, no shame in that, pays the bills and I sleep
Well everynight, even save a little everymonth, still every
day I scan the net for new Employment opportunities,
I think I'll go in to teaching soon Again (but I'm afraid the
kitchen pays more  Cheesy)

L8r, and smile man, that is the key to life.

Recently sold 97'savage (change of residence) - looking to buy another - just bought a temp, a great SR125 called 'methadone'
WWW Stimpy - FSO   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #6 - 07/01/10 at 02:32:54

My heart goes out to you; I've been there
I will pray for you

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #7 - 07/01/10 at 04:55:23

see if your libary has comps you could still visit us..
good luck

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #8 - 07/01/10 at 05:50:33

Our shop guys are getting cut to 4 day weeks, instead of laying off a couple deadbeats.  Business sucks.  Our un-billed labor time in June was more than double what it normally is.  AEP (electric company) just got a 7.5% rate hike.  Everything going up except wages....  I hate this crap.  

Sorry to you to drums.  Keep in touch!  And try to keep your chin up.  You are not alone.  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 07/01/10 at 06:32:49

Yet, when I try to get people to understand why this is happening & the mechanisms theyve used to create it, I get snubbed.. While we, as a nation, remain uneducated on the ways & means & reasons for the assault weve been under & will continue to be under, they will have their way with us. When the dumb masses cease to allow themselves to accept BS for answers, then we will all have a chance. PLease, Learn about the federal reserve, Go to Alex Jones sites & watch his films, for FREE, online. Watch the Obama deception, put out a couple of months after he was in office. GEE, its really close, huhhh?
What has happened is no accident, weve been deindustrialized & when the Carbon Tax is passed, we will be further deindustrialized AND taxed much higher. Please, for our childrens sake, WAKE UP>

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #10 - 07/01/10 at 16:02:19

Drums- best of luck, and perhaps the local school bus company needs help- hours are great and the pay sucks. Grin  but you get to spend quality time with howling juvies...what more can you ask for.

IP Logged
wingsout
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lockport NY
Reply #11 - 07/01/10 at 16:24:10

Hey Drums; Here's what I did when in your position. I started helping people fix up their broken houses for a donation. You'd be surprised at the number of people out there whose houses are falling apart and have no money to fix them, you can also barter; which is a great way to trade skills. By the way, there is some work in western NY.
YOU'll MAKE IT.

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #12 - 07/02/10 at 18:19:37

Hey Drums, I feel for you. I lost my job on March 1 this year and things are getting rough. Luckily my wife has been able to pick up extra nursing shifts to help us get by in addition to my measly unemployment that I am still getting at this point (knock on wood). I picked up a few odd jobs here and there, but it's been more beneficial for me to stay home and take care of the kids while she works extra hours when she can get them. She now refers to me as the "Manny!"  Huh

The thing that frustrates me most is I've got a college degree in accounting and 12 years of experience, but in 4 months of looking for a job I have only been able to get 3 interviews that relate to my line of work.  Embarrassed

Best of luck to you, try to keep in touch.

BTW, you would think not working 40hrs a week I would be riding lots more, but honestly I've only rode it 3 or 4 times in that whole 4 months. We are 1/2 way through the riding season and I haven't even gone through the first tank of gas  Sad

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Flemming from Denmark
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 07/02/10 at 19:02:24

feels sorry for you. Not much better here in Europe. If you ever visit Denmark, you're welcome here, and use my drums  Smiley Wink Rich people is responsebly for the depression we're seing right now, and  they think the best solution is to let the not so rich people pay for the party. And NO!! - I'm not a komunist  Grin But it's not very hard to see what's happening in Eourope ass well in the USA.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 07/03/10 at 05:10:57

Man on radio talk show yesterday , electrical engineer, 19 years experience, louisiana, unemployed for almost 2 years. Yea, the recovery is ON, baby!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 06:17:39

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Going away for awhile--Thanks to all

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.