jsarsfield

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: overheated Savage
Reply #15 - 06/30/10 at 14:31:50

babyhog wrote on 06/30/10 at 10:57:29:
jsarsfield wrote on 06/30/10 at 10:47:17:
The best stuff for taking off burnt rubber off of chrome is "Blue Magic",  
don't believe me try the stuff ... it takes any evidence of it off with no effort at all ... The only problem is once you do that little spot you will want to polish the rest of the chrome so it looks as good.

http://bluemagicusa.com/index.php/blue_magic/products/210/blue_magic_metal_po...

Looks good, will try some.  Thanks!  I see they also make an exhaust repair kit.  Has anyone tried it?  Might try it on my little exhaust leak.

To be  honest every single "exhaust repair kit" that I have ever used is garbage ... Your better off either buying the proper gaskets or using some sort of shim (Pop can works good) with some pipe clamps and some high temp dope.   All the so called "exhaust repair kits" are usually just some kind of epoxy soaked fiberglass/aluminum wraps and some have a spring thing you wrap but of the 4 kits I've bought in the past none of them have held up more than a few weeks they shouldn't be called "repair kits" they really should be called "bandages".  Your mileage may vary.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 14:47:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › overheated Savage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.