Send Topic Print
Should I buy this? (Read 268 times)
Hashbrown

What can brown do
for you!

Nashua, NH
Re: Should I buy this?
Reply #15 - 06/30/10 at 09:31:59

yeah thats when my eyes lit up.  the bike was runing mint and it looked clean, i was gonna haggle with him on 1k but when i walked around to the other side of the bike and saw the supertrapp staring back at me i shut my mouth and handed him 10 Franklins without question.   Grin   i agree with james, the savage is an inexpensive bike to begin with, dont get one in harsh condition.  be patient and refresh craigslist on a daily basis and check a bit further outside your 25 mile radius too.  something will come up i promise.  and get a 90's savage cause your gonna want that extra gear.

What can brown do for you!
aatif96   IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #16 - 06/30/10 at 09:34:08

Tyler, the above bike is also in PA...contact the seller...ask for pix and some history on the bike, then take a road trip over to look at it and see if you can set the carb on Prime...roll it down a hill or have your buddy push you and "pop" start it.
If your buddy is a good mechanic he should be able to run some basic tests to see if it's gonna go. An '07 for an extra 500 bucks would definately be way better then the (possible) heartache of a 30 year old bike.

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 06/30/10 at 10:59:31

Im in Pgh aswell as two other forum members. If they're not interested, I at least, would be willning to get the '07 running if you decide on it. I HIGHLY doubt theres anything seriously wrong with it in 600 mi.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 19:25:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Should I buy this?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.