Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
FASSOCOTGAAESAMCITNCMNHGOFUSA (Read 192 times)
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
FASSOCOTGAAESAMCITNCMNHGOFUSA
06/28/10 at 13:36:24

Just got back from the Fourth Annual Suzuki Savage Owners Club of the Greater Atlantic and Eastern Seaboard and Mid-Continent  including Tennessee-North Carolina-Missouri-New Hampshire-Georgia of the United States of America (FASSOCOTGAAESAMCITNCMNHGOFUSA)

Okay, I made up the name and the acronym.  Ya'll would know it better as the 2010 Tail of the Dragon Run.  It sure was fun.  I met the following members (Hope I don't forget anybody!):  BIGZUK and his son Jesse, Kel, M&MRanch and his brother Kent, Southpaw, AL from NH, Toymaker (already knew him), Midnightrider and his friend Charles (rode over with them).  Oldfeller left before I got there.  LANCER's bike was sick and he couldn't get there.  Musta been 11 of us there from Friday through Sunday.  I hope to make it for 5 days next year.  All of these and more have given me much wisdom and advice about the Savage and therefore about the universe and the Cosmos and Zen, etc, etc.  And a grand time was had by all, although Toymaker took a little tumble.

The rest of you guys and gals within "riding distance" of the Tail of the Dragon, start making your plans for next year!!!!!!!! Wink

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: FASSOCOTGAAESAMCITNCMNHGOFUSA
Reply #1 - 06/28/10 at 14:11:15

I may need to have 5 spare carbs for next year.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #2 - 06/28/10 at 15:27:08

I think you missed somebody.... will have to review my pics to figure out who...... Wink

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 06/28/10 at 16:09:41

FASSOCOTGAAESAMCITNCMNHGOFUSA ?...

That's very catchy... You should make a patch...
...a big one... Grin...

Sounds fun,.. hope we get some pics soon... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 06/28/10 at 16:25:39

Dang, Lancer, major suckage..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #5 - 06/29/10 at 04:36:07

Dont tell anyone about that purdy shortcut through Georgia I took us through. 28 south, 28 north whats the difference?  Roll Eyes

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Reply #6 - 06/29/10 at 04:44:28

about 50 miles?    Smiley

Because I can!
  IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #7 - 06/29/10 at 05:56:21

As a born and raised in Chicago Cub fan, all I can say is:

WAIT 'TILL NEXT YEAR!

(I hate missing a good time and a good ride.)

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #8 - 06/29/10 at 06:15:16

Next year I am going to rent a truck (or pull a trailer) and go directly to the Dragon site -- I can't take that 10 hr interstate ride back home after riding hard for 4 days prior, them tilted concrete slabs were jest beating me to death !!!  

.... Budd-ump, Budd-ump, Budd-ump, Budd-ump, Budd-ump, Budd-ump ....

My lower legs were cramping up for 3 days afterwards and my knee joints were giving me GRIEF big time for several days longer.

I am getting too durn OLD too !@@@!  quick

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #9 - 06/29/10 at 07:15:26

babyhog wrote on 06/28/10 at 15:27:08:
I think you missed somebody.... will have to review my pics to figure out who...... Wink

Yep, I know who I missed:  it was Phil the Triumph rider who came with Toymaker.  Sorry, Phil!! Embarrassed
BTW, Baby, where did you see pics?

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #10 - 06/29/10 at 07:59:47

THIS IS ALL MADE UP, OF COURSE

She was off in the bushes snapping her own pics, of course.

Rocket Phil tended to run his own ride sometimes instead of riding with the pack as the Savages were 1) too small, too nimble and too fast  2) rode way way way too aggressively for his 900 lb motorcycle to feel anywhere near comfortable trying to stay up with the nasty 'ol Savage pack.

Toymaker, as his host, tried to stay back within sight of Phil so he too tended to lag 15-30 minutes behind the Savage leaders and 5-10 minutes behind the end of the Savage pack.

Of the early crew, Kel or Big Zuk tended to run at the front of the Savage Pack proper.   I rode ether at the end of the pack or way out in front of it, depending on if I had stopped for a milkshake or a short nap on top of a shaded scenic overlook retaining wall or not.   Lancer wasn't riding with us, so I was pretty much alone sometimes.

My longest wait was 40-45 minutes on the first Cherochola Skyway loop ride as I drove straight through the dark rain clouds coming over the crest of the mounain (misting thick all over the face shield) and the rest of the boys actually stopped and rainsuited up for fear of some real rain as it had gotten considerably thicker by the time they got up there.  

I had gotten concerned after I stopped at the next town, gotten gas, bought a burger and a shake, finished my milkshake and had fed the ducks the rest of the sorry tasting burger and watched some kids play in the nearby river so I turned around and had backtracked my way a quarter of the way back up the Skyway when they finally came a rumblin' around the turn.  

I was so glad to be able to count all of them as alive and well that I really didn't give them a lot of grief about it.

I passed a whole lot of stuff, best ones being two crotch rocket types who kinda didn't appreciate it, one fairly fast supermoto type and one sports equipped super Mini Cooper who didn't like it at all and he followed me closely up to the Dragon overlook where we were all wondering if he was gonna get out of his car fighting or not.

Some folks think it is right insulting to get passed by a gray headed old fat dude on a single cylinder 'grandpa' bike  

Grin   (hee hee hee)   Grin

One guy on a Goldwing did come up into the Deal's Gap hotel parking lot at the apartment and pull up next to Big Zuk to give him a chunk of his mind for what I and Zuk's son had done passing him "dangerously" up on the Dragon -- made Zuk Senior right hot as he didn't know what the guy was talking about !!!    Goldwing guy left praying for Zuk's errant soul, which pissed him off even more .....

I wuz a chuckling the whole time and his teenager had this "what, who me?  I dunno what he's talking about" face on the whole time ....  
It was rare, lemme tell you.

Kel, he got him a big assed case of "complete denial" about how fast we were actually riding, until Zuk pulled out his Garmin and hit HIGHEST SPEED RECORDED for him and then flat told Kel he was going faster than that as Zuk hadn't kept up with him as Kel was trying to keep up with me ....  

Kel, just how fast were you going by the end of the weekend ???

Grin   Grin   Grin

THIS IS ALL MADE UP, OF COURSE

So what sort of neat ALL MADE UP stories do you Friday thru Sunday guys have to tell?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #11 - 06/29/10 at 08:33:52

I had 2 "minor" mechanical problems:  a lost bolt at the header flange, and a snapped clutch cable.  There is a place called Wheelers about 15 miles down 129 south from Deals Gap, and that guy Wheeler can fix any bike that rolls in there, or he's got the parts if you are determined to fix it yourself.  His rates are very reasonable too.  I referred people to it even on Sunday (yep he's open then too).  

As far as mishaps, we spent some time being lost (or being on an adventure, whichever way you look at it), and I lost but found again a rain boot and rain jacket.  I did manage to ride a rough road shoulder at one point for no particular reason, no damage done.  Midnightrider and his friend Charles Harley RoadKing almost got wiped out by a truck hauling a MAJOR WIDE LOAD on 129 South.  The lead truck was not properly equipped with warning flags or flashers and was not far enough ahead to make a difference for bikers coming around a blind curve to find BOTH LANES occupied by a semi with a HUGE concrete girder as its load.  Midnight and Charles had to take the shoulder where there really wasn't any, but I was just far enough behind to get stopped in time.  We hope somebody else down the road didn't get hurt by these idiots.  

We later found a Harley guy on the right shoulder headed the wrong direction and we stopped to help him out.  Most of the mishaps or near mishaps I heard about, the victim had no idea what happened, they just ended up on the shoulder or in the ditch.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #12 - 06/29/10 at 13:48:47

At least on the Savage a guy could fake up a way to manage the clutch.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #13 - 06/30/10 at 05:08:48

You cant push a Savage off with the kill button on LOL!!!!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #14 - 06/30/10 at 05:24:13

Midnightrider wrote on 06/30/10 at 05:08:48:
You cant push a Savage off with the kill button on LOL!!!!

That's another thing I shoulda told ya, "Don't tell anybody I did that!"

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/01/24 at 05:47:40

General CategoryThe Cafe › FASSOCOTGAAESAMCITNCMNHGOFUSA

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.