first long trip (Read 315 times)
onelunger
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: first long trip
Reply #15 - 06/28/10 at 06:05:01

Bigger is better, haven't you heard?

There's so many people out there w/ the rediculious notion that anything less than 1200cc is a practically a scooter. What those "sheeple" are too ignorant to realize is that their 1800+cc's of "Real Mans Bike" comes w/ 200+lbs of unnecissary lard. That is why bikes like the Savage get little respect. Never mind the fact that it'll leave those overweight pigs in the dust when the road starts curving or that with a few simple mods it'll run right there w/ bikes w/ 2x the displacement.

The whole "cruiser crowd" mentality annoys the crap out of me. I'm at the point where I'm ready to switch from my sportbike to something more comfortable but I'm NOT ready to settle for a morbidly obese bike w/ a monster sized motor that puts out a pitiful 60hp. Although the savage isn't my "ideal bike" (it is my wifes "ideal bike" though). I do appreciate it's lightweight nimble chassis and ample power. I think w/ some mods (and a few parts from Lancer) I could definately make a Savage into something very close to what I'm looking for.

Sorry for the rant session. Congrats on the ride. I took a road trip last year on my GSXR (1200mi in 3 days) and it is still one of the best experiances of my life. There is NOTHING like hitting the open road on a bike. Enjoy the ride and don't let anyone bring you down because they fail to understand the appeal of the Savage.

IP Logged
Beatduck
Alliance Member

Spleen tingling fun!

Sarasota, FL
Reply #16 - 06/29/10 at 04:41:24

Hey everyone! Long time!

Great job on the trip!
All the reasons you said are the same reasons I love the bike!
Fits me to a tee! Really fun "Mountain hopper" Carried me and my gear with no complaints.

True, 25 years ago the 650cc was the "big" bike.

Check out my 12,000 mile trip below!

IP Logged
Stimpy - FSO
Serious Thumper

SuzukisSavage Int'l
Division

Germany - formerly SD, SoCal
Reply #17 - 06/30/10 at 09:04:50

Hey duck! long time no see, how've you been?
How are things looking down in Florida with this whole oil mess?

Don't be a stranger in the forum now, wish you well, L8r.

Recently sold 97'savage (change of residence) - looking to buy another - just bought a temp, a great SR125 called 'methadone'
WWW Stimpy - FSO   IP Logged
Beatduck
Alliance Member

Spleen tingling fun!

Sarasota, FL
Reply #18 - 06/30/10 at 19:46:47

Yup! Long time. Sorry.
Still riding like crazy.
Gonna be in the U.P. Michigan in a few weeks working, but will have my bike with me!! (Trucking it up there) And maybe have a side trip to

The oil is going to be a big problem for years. I'm in Sarasota/Tampa Bay area so we are not seeing it on our beaches yet. The current is keeping it away but unfortunately heading toward Key West.
Interesting thing is fish are showing up closer to shore that typically stay out offshore. And many fish are sticking around longer than their normal season. I'll be in Panama City Beach in Sept. so I'll get a good look at it.
It's terrible.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #19 - 06/30/10 at 20:01:38

Copper Harbor is a nice place in the UP,As far as you can go north.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 10:16:30

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › first long trip

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.