Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Tapping Clicking When Hot (Read 319 times)
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Tapping Clicking When Hot
Reply #15 - 06/29/10 at 12:49:30

slow boat is an understatement. I was afraid it would take so long I opted to get an oem chain. As soon as I had the new one in the superchains showed up. Angry

IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #16 - 07/06/10 at 20:59:20

cursal wrote on 06/26/10 at 15:50:06:
.....When I did add the seafoam I was meticulous with my syringe application of about 30 CCs  in an ounce.
2 oz in the tank and a little less than 3 in the oil......

Oopers!

I don't think it is a good idea to put Sea Foam into the crankcase.  Our bikes have wet clutches.

JMHO!

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
cursal

Daily Savage Rider

Eugene, OR
Reply #17 - 07/06/10 at 23:51:15

I think I have only put on 30 miles since I put seafoam in.
How bad you think that oopsie was?

Ordered a Cam chain tensioner from Verslagen a few days ago.

I figure I gotta drain the oil to swap out parts, will do oil change too.

I suppose I should get a chain too...any good deals out there...links, other members...?

1998 Savage, 18,700 Miles, Wind Shield, Tach, K&N Airbox Filter, Leather Bags, CYCLE-TRON II Battery, verslavy cam adjuster, Kevlar F Pads Black.
Professional Web Developer: www.OregonPublishing.com
  IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #18 - 07/08/10 at 20:22:58

cursal wrote on 07/06/10 at 23:51:15:
I think I have only put on 30 miles since I put seafoam in.
How bad you think that oopsie was?....

Well, I don't really know.

That's why, if it were me, I'd get that oil out of there ASAP.  There is a not insignificant chance that you could lose a clutch pack.

JMHO!

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #19 - 07/08/10 at 20:41:41

Digger wrote on 07/06/10 at 20:59:20:
Oopers!

I don't think it is a good idea to put Sea Foam into the crankcase.  Our bikes have wet clutches.

JMHO!

I don't see the issue, it was said that it contains light oil, naphtha and isopropyl, what's harmful to clutches?

WWW   IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #20 - 07/08/10 at 21:44:12

verslagen1 wrote on 07/08/10 at 20:41:41:
Digger wrote on 07/06/10 at 20:59:20:
Oopers!

JMHO!

I don't see the issue, it was said that it contains light oil, naphtha and isopropyl, what's harmful to clutches?

I'm not certain that it contains ONLY those three things.  I'm also not certain that the naphtha and the alcohol are completely benign in this application.

I'm also not certain that the gunk loosened by the Sea Foam in the crankcase is not harmful to the clutch pack.

Erring to the side of caution, I'd say that the potential benefits of using Sea Foam in the crankcase do not outweigh the potential problems.

If you're worried about gunk in the crankcase, I think it is much more prudent to run JASO MA rated Rotella in there for a few hundred miles, then flush and fill with your oil of choice.

JMHO.

Digger
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #21 - 07/08/10 at 22:18:18

Digger wrote on 07/08/10 at 21:44:12:
I'm not certain that it contains ONLY those three things.  I'm also not certain that the naphtha and the alcohol are completely benign in this application.

I'm also not certain that the gunk loosened by the Sea Foam in the crankcase is not harmful to the clutch pack.

Erring to the side of caution, I'd say that the potential benefits of using Sea Foam in the crankcase do not outweigh the potential problems.

If you're worried about gunk in the crankcase, I think it is much more prudent to run JASO MA rated Rotella in there for a few hundred miles, then flush and fill with your oil of choice.

I'm a little more certain cause I cleaned gunk out of there with seafoam and a toothbrush, side cases and top cover off. flushed with dino Rot twice.  with a half hour on both changes.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 00:27:53

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Tapping Clicking When Hot

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.