drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Re: doubling up
Reply #15 - 06/26/10 at 08:19:29

My neice occasionally wants to go for a ride. Now I'm 260 and she's a good 140. She can do about 20 miles on the tiny little strip they call a back seat. Not much power loss, although mine vibrates so much, I can't go much more than 65 anyway. I noticed the other day in my new (used) mirrors, I can't see behind me clearly as the mirrors vibrate too. My main problem with doubling up is bottoming out on every little crack in the road. 16,000 miles and ready for new shocks? Dammit, what next?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 06/26/10 at 08:23:59

Maybe the shocks arent to blame. Tossing the weight of the bike on its seat may not be what the suspension was designed for.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
ashintmc
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 06/26/10 at 09:01:24

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/24/10 at 21:16:13:
How much experience do you have hauling anyone? How much experience does she have as a passenger? A passenger who doesnt understand what looking around a car to see whats coming can do to you is a dangerous thing. My daughter put me in oncoming, thankfully, the road was empty.

while it wouldnt be for a while as im still a noob 1 month out of msf class we dont plan on doubling up for atleast 6 mos while i get used to riding everywhere. that being said my wife has been a passenger on many bikes and her father a lawyer and msf instructor has said on multiple occasions she is the best passenger to put on bike because she knows to not lean on turns and how to balance throught twisties on his harley. and anyways i already said screw it and got the savage im not gonna post pictures till i get it looking nice and running gotta replace belts but shouldnt be too long before i hit the road in it just waiting on parts. plus gotta make sure the paint is cool enough to ride and my vanity plate comes in... Cool

IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 06/26/10 at 12:28:31

unless you have serious damage to your belt you dont need to replace it.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 10:20:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › doubling up

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.