Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Intermittent surging/bucking problem (Read 269 times)
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Re: Intermittent surging/bucking problem
Reply #15 - 07/23/10 at 06:06:42

There is an old saying - "Carburetor" is French for "Don't muck with it." Like shooting skeet, there are a lot more ways to miss the target than hit it.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Re: Intermittent surging/bucking problem
Reply #16 - 07/23/10 at 07:36:36

Here's what I did to my carb. I'd never messed with one before but after joining the forum I felt like there were symptoms I had that could be corrected by working on the stock setup. Mind you, I had put an after market exhaust on but as I worked through the issues I found that taking things slow and doing one thing at a time to see the results worked out well for me.

1st mod was to change the needle jet spacer to a #4 nylon spacer from ACE. Eliminated the surging in the mid range I was getting from day one.
Changed to a 150 main jet after a month or so to improve the high end some...that worked!
Still had the POP on shutdown and pops between shifts (pretty sure I don't have air leaks in the exhaust)
Threw in a 52.5 pilot jet with bleed holes and that (almost) eliminated the shutdown POP but still occasionally get pops between shifts.
Fine tuned the airmix screw to 2 1/4 turns out.

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 23:26:53

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Intermittent surging/bucking problem

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.