Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
12 things cops don't want you to know. (Read 676 times)
forrest
Serious Thumper

No matter where you
go, there you are.

Kennesaw, Ga
Re: 12 things cops don't want you to know.
Reply #45 - 06/26/10 at 13:49:05

How can you relate the duties of a police officer to Mao?  Most officers are hard working honest people doing a dangerous and thankless job.  Of course they always want the upper hand.....it keeps people from getting hurt.  Anyone with any training in controling potentially dangerous situations knows that you must establish complete control or the situation can quickly go south.

Where are we going? And why are we in this handbasket?
  IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #46 - 06/26/10 at 17:23:18

I didn't think I was relating a police officer's duties to Mao. I was citing the source for the quote. "Power grows from the barrel of a gun." The officer has the gun (and the taser and the pepper spray and the nightstick). Whether you like it or not, the officer has the power. If you try to exercise your rights and resist, he will use that power. You can also be sure he has radioed your license number and vehicle description, the reason for the stop, and the location of the stop before he ever got out of the car. And, if he doesn't call back fairly shortly, you can be assured backup will be sent to find out why.Even more fun, the officer is "on the clock" and being paid, while you are the one impatient to be on your way. You might win the war, later, in court. But you will lose the battle on the scene.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #47 - 06/26/10 at 19:12:19

forrest wrote on 06/26/10 at 13:49:05:
How can you relate the duties of a police officer to Mao?  Most officers are hard working honest people doing a dangerous and thankless job.  Of course they always want the upper hand.....it keeps people from getting hurt.  Anyone with any training in controling potentially dangerous situations knows that you must establish complete control or the situation can quickly go south.

You sound like one of them, happily stomping on the rights of the people, as IF the average citizen is some kind of angry, hateful, dangerous person. yea, there aree people out there who hate cops &^ shoot cops, but for a cop to treat me as IF I am one of them, w/o having a single reason to, is just wrong. They appear to have been taught to do whatever they think they need to do to take cobntrol of a situation, even if it means shooting someone who pays their wages, just to make sure they donbt get a scratch. Im sick of the nhate filled brutality Ive seen from cops, shooting little dogs, while they wear body armor, as if that little dog is actually gonna huirt them,, fricken gutless bastards..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
forrest
Serious Thumper

No matter where you
go, there you are.

Kennesaw, Ga
Reply #48 - 06/26/10 at 20:20:29

Geez Justin, how many times have you actually been wrongly assaulted and hassled by the police?  Or are we talking about the isolated, and very few, events that are in the news....but never compared the the thousands of exchanges that go on daily with the police.
I'm not a cop.  I just appreciate the hard job they have that only receives media attention when the occasional "bad cop" comes to light.
I always thought you were semi lucide in your thoughts.  But this painting cops as evil pet killers is just wrong.  Where would society be without them?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #49 - 06/27/10 at 01:25:31

You are clearly not payintg attention to whats been going on in the past few years. Cops shot a man, in the back, as he lay face down , IN HANDCUFFS, on a subway t6rain platform. Tazed an 86 YO woman, afyter standing on her OXYGEN hose, because she "Took a more aggressive posture in HER BED", you need to wake up & look around, it aint all bad, but its not uncomon anymore for the cops to act like thugs first. & yea, they DO kill the pets.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #50 - 06/27/10 at 04:37:16

My late Father was a NYC Police Officer. That was back in the good old days when cops were fun to talk to. You could actually meet one on the street and have a nice conversation about sports or what have you. I'm around cops all the time during work. I will usually say hello, and the young ones....well, I don't even get a response from them. They stare straight ahead not acknowledging me at all.

During a conversation about the state of Police now, someone said something to me that made a lot of sense; "The young ones today have very little life experience. They graduate high school, go to academy, get the big gun a badge and hit the streets." The ones that are really looking to push their new authority are the kids that had emotional problems, usually low self esteem or abuse from others while they were the ones without authority. This is not the case with all new officers, but it is becoming more prevalent.

FSO
  IP Logged
forrest
Serious Thumper

No matter where you
go, there you are.

Kennesaw, Ga
Reply #51 - 06/27/10 at 05:43:34

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/27/10 at 01:25:31:
You are clearly not payintg attention to whats been going on in the past few years. Cops shot a man, in the back, as he lay face down , IN HANDCUFFS, on a subway t6rain platform. Tazed an 86 YO woman, afyter standing on her OXYGEN hose, because she "Took a more aggressive posture in HER BED", you need to wake up & look around, it aint all bad, but its not uncomon anymore for the cops to act like thugs first. & yea, they DO kill the pets.

Again, since apparently you didn't read all of the words I wrote, those are isolated incidents.  Everyday there are thousands of interactions between people and the police.  
But whatever Justin, next time there is a drunken driver going the wrong way on the interstate who should be called?  When there is a robbery at the corner 7/11 what should be done?  Someone breaks into your house while you are away who will you call?  Don't call a cop Justin because when they show up to help you they may randoamly taz your neighbor, shoot your dog and pistol whip you in the back of the squad car.
You know there have been firemen who set fires.  Should they be all villified as piromaniacs?  There have been airline pilots who have shown up intoxicated.  Should all pilots be pointed out as drunks?  
I know there is no changing your paranoid/conspiracy filled view of the world.  But sometimes you should that off your dung colored glasses and see there are a lot of decent people doing jobs that nobody else will do; jobs that keep some order in this f'd up society.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #52 - 06/27/10 at 08:30:08

Yea, Forrest, I know all about the good cops, since Ive only had my 4th amendment violated one time in my 55 years. but, there is an ever increasing number of BAD cops out there & the general attitude is more & more one of a combative nature rather than being the helpful public servant. You act as if Im supposed to ignore the bad ones & only applaudthem as sall siants. I keep a fair mind, I see both sides of the deal, the good & the bad, & I see the bad getting more & more common.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #53 - 06/27/10 at 09:07:16

I've seen a lot cops and firemen act like a$$ holes in my time,I guess thats why they wear monkeys suits.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
forrest
Serious Thumper

No matter where you
go, there you are.

Kennesaw, Ga
Reply #54 - 06/27/10 at 12:27:24

I never said you needed to applaude them all as saints; that is is just your typical overstating, and twisting, what was said.  
Yes, in some areas the police are a little more combative......but so are many of the people they confront.  Things are more dangerous out there than ever.  
I was pulled over on my bike in Feb.  It was 9 degrees and I knew I wasn't speeding or breaking the law.  I was a little pissed that I had to take off my gloves and helmet; knowing they were going to get cold soaked.  The officer told me to keep my hands where he could see them.  It turned out there had been a stolen bike with the tags incorrectly entered in the computer that matched mine.  Once he saw that my bike wasn't stolen he was very nice and pulled into the busy road with his lights on so I could get back out onto the street.  My hands froze but I understand his caution.
All I've been stating is that you shouldn't use your broad brush to paint all cops as bad.  And if you read your posts, as well as many of the others here, there is a central cop bashing theme here.
I'm sure we could pick any of our professions and dig up story after story about what bastards are out there.

IP Logged
forrest
Serious Thumper

No matter where you
go, there you are.

Kennesaw, Ga
Reply #55 - 06/27/10 at 12:30:28

bill67 wrote on 06/27/10 at 09:07:16:
I've seen a lot cops and firemen act like a$$ holes in my time,I guess thats why they wear monkeys suits.

Billy, there isn't a profession out here that doesn't have a lot of a$%holes.......but do the number of a%$holes outnumber the number of decent hardworking people?  
Well except for career politicians.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #56 - 06/27/10 at 12:42:33

The "Good" cops know who the bad cops are, yet they allow them to stay on the force. How do they do that w/ a clear conscience?
& the Upper Level people who have to be involved in order to protect these cops from prosecution make me sick. IF they wanted a clean running department, theyd do a better job of prosecuting them when they act in an illegal manner.
Remember the cop who was choking the EMT guy? That was called for? Wheres that cop today?
There was a woman in La, in cuffs, looking just fine, walked off camera & returned with a bloody face. Nice going Mr Big Tuff Cop.

Police Shoot Family's Pet Dog During Mistaken Stop - Orlando News ...  
Jan 9, 2003 ... A family has filed several complaints after police mistakenly pulled them over as robbery suspects, then shot and killed their pet dog, ...
www.clickorlando.com/news/1879473/detail.html - Cached - SimilarA Small Bag of Marijuana = Police Shooting Your Dogs in Front of ...  
May 5, 2010 ... You just watched as police shot 2 dogs in the presence of a small child, ..... The dogs' owners told the police the dogs were family pets, ...
stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle.../a_small_bag_of_marijuana_police_ - CachedVideo of SWAT Raid on Missouri Family - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine  
May 5, 2010 ... Storming a home with guns, then firing bullets into the family pets as a child looks on = necessary police procedures to ensure everyone's ...
reason.com/blog/2010/05/05/video-of-swat-raid-on-missouri - CachedDC Police Shoot Family's Pet Right In Front Of Them | WUSA9.com ...  
DC Police Shoot Family's Pet Right In Front Of Them. 3 years ago. Read Comments; Print; Email Article; Larger; Smaller; Subsribe to RSS feeds ...
www.wusa9.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=66686 - Cached - SimilarFamily Upset that Police Shoot, Kill Family Pet  
Family Upset that Police Shoot, Kill Family Pet · NBCActionNews.com ^ | 9/10/2009 | Nick Dutcher. Posted on 09/10/2009 9:55:33 AM PDT by missycocopuffs ...
209.157.64.200/focus/news/2336470/posts - CachedOwner, animal advocates question shooting of pet dog in Westlake ...  
Mar 8, 2010 ... Callaway, the Labrador shot by Westlake police when they .... My sympathies to the Cooke family for the loss of their beloved pet, Callaway. ...
blog.cleveland.com/metro/.../owner_animal_advocates_questio.html - CachedPolice shoot family pet [Archive] - Pets Hub  
7 posts - 7 authors - Last post: Apr 24, 2006
[Archive] Police shoot family pet Dog Forums. ... For some reason, the metro police officer shot Andy. Neighbors that witnessed the shooting ...
petshub.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-57800.html - CachedGet more discussion results
Police shoot and kill family pet (Anti-Authority Crowd UNITE!!!)  
Sep 5, 2008 ... A female police officer for the Medina city police, of Ohio, shot and killed a harmless family pet on 6/7/08 at 6:50 p.m. after responding ...
www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2075671/posts - CachedEverythingVideos
ImagesMapsNewsShoppingBooksBlogsUpdatesDiscussions
MoreFewer
Search Options
All results

Related searches
Fewer search toolsMore search tools

Search ResultsOklahoma Police Taser Bedridden 86-Year-Old Woman  ‎
AllGov - 1 day ago

But instead of helping the 86-year-old woman, police officers Thomas Duran and Joseph Sandberg Tasered her, causing her to pass out. “Don't Taze my granny! ...
86-Year-Old Grandmother Tazed: 'Don't Taze My Granny!'‎ - Right Juris
Officers taser 86-year-old disabled woman in her bed: lawsuit‎ - Raw Story
Cops Taze 86 Year-old Granny‎ - Cubed3
Before It's News - KOCO Oklahoma City
all 16 news articles  

GOODY! At least this punk is going to trial, BUT, not because the cops didnt TRY to cover it up, they took all the video from the security cameras & stated they had"malfunctioned" ( Now, doesnt this take upper level people involved?) But, they got shafted because people took video from other trains. HA, HA, Ha.

Yea, there are some cops out there, giving the others a bad name,BUT, the militarization of the police has been going on for years & they are now hiring former combat vets who have some serious issues, IMO.

If you dont think things need changed, then youre not looking around & just because you can find corruption in another place, do you Seriously believe that means addressing it & dealing with it is unneccessary? If your kid lies & steals would you look at that & say "Its okay, all the neighbor kids do it too"?

IP Logged
forrest
Serious Thumper

No matter where you
go, there you are.

Kennesaw, Ga
Reply #57 - 06/27/10 at 17:35:22

OK, cut and paste wins.  If I had time I'd bet I could fill pages of good stories about law enforcement but quite honestly I'm not sure why I'm this involved.  Your opinions really don't mean an f'ing thing to me; or to most of the world.  But neither do mine mean anything to the rest of the world.  So Justin, continue to look for all of the evil, corruption, and conspiracies through Google and have fun.  And remember, it doesn't matter if you have the shiney or dull side of the foil on the outside of your hat.
Later.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #58 - 06/27/10 at 19:37:52

Well! ( Hands on hips) I guess HE told ME! Im sure glad to know that the situation over the years hasnt grown worse & that things are just Hunky Flippin Dory..

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #59 - 06/27/10 at 19:54:16

& this is justified HOW? Im supposed to ignore whats WRONG because there are some who arent so bad? THATS the thinKing that got us to where we are.
TGin foil hats, huh? Thats how youve been taught to respond to those who arent part of the herd. Imagine how much youd point & laugh if you had been alive when the Earth was found to not be the center of the universe. I KNOW whats right, but Im not af4raid to look at what is Wrong & not being strongly prosecuted by the cops superiors. The superiors work to shiel;d their thug cops. When & IF the upper management starts worki9ng to weed these thiugs out, my attitude will change. Till then, Ill point at whats wrong, daily. People who support it are part of it, if thats you, then hang your head & look ashamed.

By TIM HULL
ShareThis
    (CN) - Police Tasered an 86-year-old disabled grandma in her bed and stepped on her oxygen hose until she couldn't breathe, after her grandson called 911 seeking medical assistance, the woman and her grandson claim in Oklahoma City Federal Court. Though the grandson said, "Don't Taze my granny!" an El Reno police officer told another cop to "Taser her!" and wrote in his police report that he did so because the old woman "took a more aggressive posture in her bed," according to the complaint.
    Lonnie Tinsley claims that he called 911 after he went to check on his grandmother, whom he found in her bed, "connected to a portable oxygen concentrator with a long hose." She is "in marginal health, [and] takes several prescribed medications daily," and "was unable to tell him exactly when she had taken her meds," so, Tinsley says, he called 911 "to ask for an emergency medical technician to come to her apartment to evaluate her."
    In response, "as many as ten El Reno police" officers "pushed their way through the door," according to the complaint.
    The grandma, Lona Varner, "told them to get out of her apartment."
    The remarkable complaint continues: "Instead, the apparent leader of the police [defendant Thomas Duran] instructed another policeman to 'Taser her!' He stated in his report that the 86 year-old plaintiff 'took a more aggressive posture in her bed,' and that he was fearful for his safety and the safety of others.
    "Lonnie Tinsley told them, 'Don't taze my Granny!' to which they responded that they would Taser him; instead, they pulled him out of her apartment, took him down to the floor, handcuffed him and placed him in the back of a police car.
    "The police then proceeded to approach Ms. Varner in her bed and stepped on her oxygen hose until she began to suffer oxygen deprivation.
    "The police then fired a Taser at her and only one wire struck her, in the left arm; the police then fired a second Taser, striking her to the right and left of the midline of her upper chest and applied high voltage, causing burns to her chest, extreme pain and to pass out.
    "The police then grabbed Ms. Varner by her forearms and jerked hands together, causing her soft flesh to tear and bleed on her bed; they then handcuffed her.
    "The police freed Lonnie Tinsley from his incarceration in the back of the police car and permitted him to accompany the ambulance with his grandmother."
    Tinsley says the cops capped it all off by having his grandmother "placed in the psychiatric ward at the direction of the El Reno police; she was held there for six days and released."
    "As a result of the wrongful arrest and detention, the plaintiff Lona M. Varner suffered the unlawful restraint of her freedom, bodily injury, assault, battery, the trashing of her apartment, humiliation, loss of personal dignity, infliction of emotional distress and medical bills."
    They seek punitive damages for constitutional violations, from the City of El Reno, Duran, Officers Frank Tinga and Joseph Sandberg, and 10 Officers Does.
    They are represented by Brian Dell of Oklahoma City.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:59:18

General CategoryThe Cafe › 12 things cops don't want you to know.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.