Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My bike is possessed... (Read 105 times)
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
My bike is possessed...
06/21/10 at 18:51:59

Gotta be.

Sat for the last couple weeks and the 4 month old battery is flatlined. Kaput, decrepit, diseased, defunct and deceased.

Front tire is flatter than a freshman...

And it is down about a full quart of oil. Not sure how, she doesn't lose that much unless I screw up and run Actevo in it by mistake (don't use that watery junk in an air cooled bike, can't handle the extra heat). She had a fresh fill of 20W50 conventional a couple months ago. And I've kept it under 80 the whole time...

Let's see, what else have the gremlins been into on her? Oh yeah, both filaments are good, but she has high beam only (must be cold...)  Wink Turn signal detents are GONE, left rear is hooked up, has a good ground and a NEW bulb, doesn't work. Fork gaiters are dissolving. Gas tank ate the cap gasket. Riser cap bolts are maxed out, bars are pinned through the caps, and they still move. Grips are dissolving. Mirror silver is peeling off, you know, the reflective junk on the BACK of the glass.

This is driving me nuts, all I did was threaten to give it a wash and wax (first time since she was new in 1998...). I knew that stinking gremlin bell was an attractant.  Angry

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Re: My bike is possessed...
Reply #1 - 06/21/10 at 19:13:11

Whew WD.. Your bike seems to be posessed by the Juneary weather we have had lately.

If your guardian bell attracted all of that, then I am thankful I removed Genie's bell while she is down.

I wish you success in finding out what is causing the problems on your bike. With all your knowledge it shouldn't take too long.. Smiley Kim

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #2 - 06/21/10 at 19:17:47

More than once I've threatened to put a deer slug through the engine and push it off the cliff behind the house. To be replaced with an antique Harley, which is now sitting on the patio... Usually does the trick.

Way back when the only Savage forum was out of Germany (1998 is when I joined up) my very first post was about how many problems I was having with this exact same bike. It's cyclical, don't know why. I didn't think the Japanese built Monday morning specials... Grin

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #3 - 06/21/10 at 19:33:33

Well that explains it.. You have only threatened..haha.. She knows you won't put a bullet thru her. Could be she is jealous of the Harley.

O and say hi to Lisa for me..

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #4 - 06/21/10 at 19:57:02

That Harley hasn't run in years and I don't have $12K to throw away on it.

But if the right VN1500 Classic comes along... has to be the jet black 99, low miles, with wide whites, studded seats and a Fire and Steel windshield, with Roadhouse 2 into 1 exhaust, fishtail or rocket tip.

I'm firmly stuck in the 30s to the 60s where bikes, cars, trucks are concerned.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #5 - 06/21/10 at 20:13:23

I feel privlidged that you will be working on my 09. We may decide to change things as we go. Hmm  make a 60's out of the 09.. OOO I hear noise from the carport... Could it be Genie is posessed as well? We will find out in time..

Keep that Harley around as you never know, with all the rain and rainbows we have. You may find the pot of gold someday...  Wink

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 06/21/10 at 21:48:45

Holy cow, WD!...  
Maybe it's time to grab up a neglected 02' off of Craigslist, and retire this ol' trooper to the parts bin...

How many miles are on her?...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #7 - 06/21/10 at 22:15:53

I don't know. No speedometer, hence, no odometer. I just guess at speeds based on local/county pd radar wagons.

I can fix the Savage's current woes for less than a good used set of 84-99 Fatbobs for the HD project. Less crack prone than the 36-83 mounting style.

Good thing I like to tinker. And I need a single to go with the parallel twin and v-twin projects. If I wanted reliable I'd have another late-40s or early-50s flathead Chief. Ya can't trust overhead valves, let alone overhead cams...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 00:26:42

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › My bike is possessed...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.