Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Kisan self cancelling turn signal (Read 80 times)
crabpainter

Look Twice Save A
Life    

Kentucky
Kisan self cancelling turn signal
06/21/10 at 18:45:10

So my wife has this habit of forgetting to cancel her turn signal. I get mad and say/do something.
To her "I'm nagging" SO my solution is to hook up one of these https://www.kisantech.com/index.php?cat_id=4
and forget about it.

My questions are has anybody used one of these, which one should I buy and is it a pop in deal?
Thanks in advance..

Interested in pre 70's British bikes or Hodaka's.
  IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Re: Kisan self cancelling turn signal
Reply #1 - 06/21/10 at 20:36:04

You can also wire a loud "beeper" or buzzer to the turn signals. Go to Radio Shack and buy a Sonalert (12 volt electronic beeper) or equivalent. Find the flasher relay, under the tank. It should have a brown or orange wire (depending on year) and a blue wire. Pull the connector off the flasher relay. Put the positive (usually red) wire from the Sonalert into the connector to touch the orange or brown wire. Put the negative wire from the Sonalert into the connector for the blue wire. Plug the connector back together to "trap" the wires and make connection. Do not let either wire touch ground or the frame. Secure the Sonalert with tape or cable ties somewhere out of the weather. With this wiring it will be silent when the turn signal light is lit and will beep when the turn signal relay interrupts the light. I used a setup like that on my wife's Twinstar for 20 years, and it was still working when I sold the bike. Only drawback, aside from everybody else hearing it, is the Sonalert makes a high-pitched beep, and if you wear earplugs you won't hear it.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/31/24 at 23:34:26

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Kisan self cancelling turn signal

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.