Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Went for a ride with the old s40 (Read 108 times)
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Went for a ride with the old s40
06/20/10 at 21:47:56

The young lady I sold my s40 to called and we went for a great 100 mile ride today. Happy to report the s40 and rider did very well. We were on some decent twisty back roads that helped expand her comfort zone.

We both filled up before and after the ride. The s40 got 70 mpg and my c50 got 50 mpg. I hope some of the difference was me being more aggresive on the throttle.

Having had a chance to compare bikes side by side the little s40 need not bow to anyone. It looked great and ran like a charm. The c50 is bigger and has a more stable and smoother ride. The c50 seat is way more comfortable. The s40 is more nimble and holds it own on the hiway however i would pick the c50 for any distance riding.  

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Went for a ride with the old s40
Reply #1 - 06/20/10 at 21:57:41

Cool, Im glad you are getting a chance to enjoy the riding season up there. Kinda surprised it lasted for the whole trip.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #2 - 06/20/10 at 22:13:40

Justin:

The igloos won't be back for at least 2 more months. Smiley

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #3 - 06/21/10 at 15:07:10

Skid Mark wrote on 06/20/10 at 21:47:56:
The young lady I sold my s40 to called and we went for a great 100 mile ride today. Happy to report the s40 and rider did very well. We were on some decent twisty back roads that helped expand her comfort zone.

We both filled up before and after the ride. The s40 got 70 mpg and my c50 got 50 mpg. I hope some of the difference was me being more aggresive on the throttle.

Having had a chance to compare bikes side by side the little s40 need not bow to anyone. It looked great and ran like a charm. The c50 is bigger and has a more stable and smoother ride. The c50 seat is way more comfortable. The s40 is more nimble and holds it own on the hiway however i would pick the c50 for any distance riding.  

do we smell love in the air ? She just happens to pop by for a ride ? what about your wife ? Nah you wouldn't do that,but you are single right.
People want to know ,what is going on here ? I'm supprised you didn't use the old run out of gas trick,you could have been nice and close on the way home. Or go just a tad to far,and have to get a room.
Boy do I have to teach you guys everything ?

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #4 - 06/21/10 at 17:42:28

Mick:
you are turning this into Peyton place.

I posted the bike on Kijji. The protocol on Kijiji keeps the sellers I'd private till a deal is ready to be done. The 1st response was the girl I eventually sold the bike to. Turns out she's the daughter of close friends we have known for many many years. It is indeed a small small world.
The only romance in my life is my loving, understand and above all else, patient wife, Deb.

'09 C50SE, '09 C90
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #5 - 06/21/10 at 18:41:42

Hey SkidMark, don't let the opinion of one person stop you from enjoying riding bikes with the gal.
It is sad that 2 members of the opposite sex can't ride mc's together without some thinking their has to be more to it than what it is.

I can't wait to ride my bike again. If other men besides my hubby care to join in or for that matter any women then their all welcome along. And along the way should someone want to take the time and make more of it than that, well I won't waste anytime or lose one minute of riding to correct them. Enjoy your bike and friends.  Smiley  Kim

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #6 - 06/21/10 at 19:06:11

Nothing wrong with riding with the new owner. I remember auctioning one of my 1928 Scouts and going for a ride next to it the next day. I know I never made the bike look that good or had that big a grin while riding it.

So what if the new owner is a girl? I used to take the very hot, very young (17-23) apparel sales girls for rides on my Vulcan 800A all the time. We'd go to lunch at least once a week, the only one who didn't go was banned from my bike when I found out she was pregnant. All the male customers thought it was cool that I was  getting all that side action. As if... I'm married to a redhaired Southern farm girl, I know better. Made my image at the bike shop a bit better, but still...

So you've got a new bike and a new riding partner. Sounds like a win-win deal to me. Now get her signed up here, pics are mandatory if she is young, or cute, or both.  Wink

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #7 - 06/21/10 at 19:11:02

Not to worry Kim. I take in the good natured ribbing that Mick intends. Just didn't want any wrong impressions to start.

'09 C50SE, '09 C90
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #8 - 06/21/10 at 22:25:11

kimchris1 wrote on 06/21/10 at 18:41:42:
Hey SkidMark, don't let the opinion of one person stop you from enjoying riding bikes with the gal.
It is sad that 2 members of the opposite sex can't ride mc's together without some thinking their has to be more to it than what it is.

I can't wait to ride my bike again. If other men besides my hubby care to join in or for that matter any women then their all welcome along. And along the way should someone want to take the time and make more of it than that, well I won't waste anytime or lose one minute of riding to correct them. Enjoy your bike and friends.  Smiley  Kim

kim what a nasty mind you have ,I would have thought if the young lady in question had of just dropped by for a ride and  he was single , would or could make a nice romantic story,if every thing else was in place, You remember those days don't you Kim ?
I cant think of anything nicer than meeting a gal with the same interests as you, even at 72 I'm still looking for a gal who likes to paint and sketch outdoors.She must be half my age, you see I'm still a pig after all Wink

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 19:15:45

General CategoryThe Cafe › Went for a ride with the old s40

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.