Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
ReTired my bike yesterday (Read 375 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: ReTired my bike yesterday
Reply #15 - 07/07/10 at 03:57:12

Yea, like boxing. Its that painful learning curve folks are talkin about.
Blasted tire iron hit me in the forehead, end on & cut me,, It was so stupid I had to laugh.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #16 - 07/07/10 at 09:33:27

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/07/10 at 03:57:12:
Blasted tire iron hit me in the forehead, end on & cut me,, It was so stupid I had to laugh.

Do you ever NOT get hurt working on something?  I hope your wife has a good life insurance policy on you....

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 07/07/10 at 09:45:08

Generally, I equate working with at least  some amount of blood loss,,Tho, so far, Im scrape free on the W. But all Ive done is carbs & now working on shimming the valves.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #18 - 07/07/10 at 10:07:02

When I got the 404 for the rear, I looked at the side wall and thought, boy these motorcycle tires aren't anything like my bicycle tires.  Stiff side walls ... hard to put on.  

Then I asked the guy behind the counter how much do they charge to mount the tire.  His response, $24.95 mounted & balanced .  

I looked at my fingers and thought how nicely they had healed from my mini-bike tire change experience (12 inch rims are not fun) and had visions similar to Justin's tire change.   Then I thought of a unbalanced wheel going down the highway , vibrating me like a paint can shaker.... and scheduled the mounting the next day.....  took the rear wheel in, 10 minutes later had it back in my hands, all nicely inflated.  And they got rid of the old tire for me.

If you have the money, sometimes it is just better to spend it.   Keeps some other people employed.

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #19 - 07/07/10 at 11:39:59

well shucks - i am a fat lazy cheap bastardo - but i did manage to get the front wheel off my bike and to the local MC shop $20 later and about 40 minutes of my time and it was re-stalled torqued and ready to ride......do it myself phuft you gotta be kidding......i'll take the $20/40min route everytime......and as for the back tire......if/when that day comes F.L.C.B. will ride to the local MC shop set in the AC showroom and pay $45 and ride away smiling with no busted knuckles.

Kenda Challenger 6 ply tire, IRC HD tube & rim strip $55, $25, $5 ebay
all mounted at MC shop $20
no busted knuckles and very little sweat - priceless

for everything else there is Master Card

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #20 - 07/08/10 at 20:26:45

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/07/10 at 03:57:12:

BTDT!

I couldn't believe I'd made such a boneheaded move!   Embarrassed

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #21 - 07/08/10 at 20:37:03

T Mack 1 - FSO wrote on 07/07/10 at 10:07:02:
....I looked at my fingers and thought how nicely they had healed from my mini-bike tire change experience (12 inch rims are not fun).....

Gotta go with you on that one.  I think I'd prefer changing the rear tire on my GL1800 to the 12" one I had to change on my son's Suzuki DS80 years ago.

It was like dying and going to Hell...pure misery!

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 20:31:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › ReTired my bike yesterday

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.