prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
A Funny Thing Happened
06/18/10 at 18:02:20

After I got back from my 400 mile ride on Friday, we rode to Ron Ayers on Saturday (about 70 miles round trip).  My buddy wanted a key for his Valkyrie and we hadn't been anywhere lately. Wink  We had a good ride there and back.  Parked the bike that evening and everything was cool.

Monday evening I came rushing through, decided to leave my truck and take the bike.  I went and got on, pushed the starter button, the decomp kicked out and that was that.  No lights, no horn, no nothing.  I was already behind schedule, not what I wanted to have happen.  I took off the seat and checked the fuses, they were both good.  That was all the time I had, I had to go.  I poked my lips out and went back in the truck.

Today when I got home, I went out to see what was the problem.  Checked the fuses again, wires under tank and so forth.  Everything seemed good.  When I put my wrench on the battery connection a little bit of corrosion fell out.  That was the problem.  The moral of this story is don't over look the obvious.

I was glad to figure this out quickly and was surprised it happened so fast.  Mayeb that will help someone else down the road.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: A Funny Thing Happened
Reply #1 - 06/18/10 at 19:06:58

thanks for the heads up Mike.
That happened to me years ago and you tend to need that "Smack" in the head every once in a while.

IP Logged
james may

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

holyoke, ma
Reply #2 - 06/19/10 at 18:46:40

had a car that would randomly cut out due to bad battery connection..

Also don't forget to keep your batter water levels up too. that can also leave you stranded on the side of the road.

doublecheerypie   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 06/20/10 at 01:54:42

The moral of this story is don't over look the obvious.

If its truly obvious, then, by definition, it wont be overlooked. Well, now, wait a minnute.
I see things that are obvious to me, yet the masses are oblivious to them, so, there ya go.. ones mans obvious is another mans invisible.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #4 - 06/20/10 at 05:16:00

Yeah, like the battery connections on my rider mower are the biggest mess you ever did see, but it always starts, (I don't see how) so I kinda make it invisable,......because I know that once I get started on it, it will need new terminals, and the cables will be too short, etc  Angry

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/20/10 at 01:54:42:
The moral of this story is don't over look the obvious.

If its truly obvious, then, by definition, it wont be overlooked. Well, now, wait a minnute.
I see things that are obvious to me, yet the masses are oblivious to them, so, there ya go.. ones mans obvious is another mans invisible.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 12:27:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › A Funny Thing Happened

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.