Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Fuse? Rear turn signals not working (Read 84 times)
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Fuse? Rear turn signals not working
06/17/10 at 08:48:13

I just washed my bike (2007 S40) yesterday... now both my rear turn signals are dead.  My headlight and front turn signals are fine.  It starts fine.

Since both rear turn signals are dead, I don't think it is the bulb.  Can it be the fuse?  Where are the fuse(s) located?  I read on the forum that this bike only has 1.  I read on other thread it has two.  

Thanks in advance.

2007 S40, KN Cone Air Filter, BCB Pipe, BCB Fender and seat, Superbrace Fork Brace with guard, 55 Pilot, 155 Main, washer mod, iridium spark plug, no afterfire, some engine breaking noise
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Re: Fuse? Rear turn signals not working
Reply #1 - 06/17/10 at 09:49:33

Unless the 2007 is radically different in that area, it won't be a fuse.  All turn signals run off the same flasher.
If you had the seat off, you might have caught the wires and pulled them loose.  On mine, (2002) the rear turn signal wires attach to the harness underneath the seat.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #2 - 06/17/10 at 10:22:46

when i pinched a wire on the rear turn signals, it popped the fuse and the whole bike wouldn't run....replaced the flasher relay and that controls them all...

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #3 - 06/17/10 at 11:07:47

Just checked the fuse.  Looks ok.  Took out the bulbs.  Its all scorched inside.  I guess water got in the taillight assembly and shorted it.

2007 S40, KN Cone Air Filter, BCB Pipe, BCB Fender and seat, Superbrace Fork Brace with guard, 55 Pilot, 155 Main, washer mod, iridium spark plug, no afterfire, some engine breaking noise
  IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 06/18/10 at 14:42:11

The flasher relay responds to load, so if the two back bulbs are out the fronts should flash at a faster rate. Left and Right rears are on two different circuits for both power and return. They run from the back under the chrome side rails. The left flasher circuit crosses over to the right side behind the seat and that is the first place that all four wires come within a few mm of each other.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 20:12:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Fuse? Rear turn signals not working

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.