Send Topic Print
Getting ready (Read 133 times)
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Getting ready
06/12/10 at 20:17:49

So today Hubby drove me over to Bent Bike located in Auburn, Wa. We met up with WD and his wife.
I got a new helmet and a few oil filters and new different rear turn signals. WD knows alot about bikes. He also made sure I got the right oil filters and parts.

We parted ways and then Hubby and I drove up by Mt. Rainier. It was sooo sunny and the warmest day we have had in this new year. Upper 70's. Bikes everywhere and appears this is a popular ride for the bikers. I had the window down with  head out as needed to feel the wind on my face.. My cheeks are sooo rosy red still. I am not sure if it is from the sun, wind or both.

I am hoping to have my bike fixed by July 6. That is my next Dr's appt. I am sooo hoping he takes the 3 pins out and this cast is off for good.

My new helmet is a black modular with the sun visor. I am going to start wearing it around the house and getting used to putting the sun visor down and up so when I am able to ride, it will come natural and I won't have to be concerned about making sure I press the right button..

I am feeling good and I am soo looking forward to the day when I can post my first back in the saddle report.. Wink

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Getting ready
Reply #1 - 06/12/10 at 20:21:46

Ill bet you giggle all day on Christmas.. Youre such a kid at heart. Good for you.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #2 - 06/12/10 at 20:36:12

good for you!

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #3 - 06/12/10 at 21:49:18

Glad to hear things are going good and hope that everything is aligned to put you back in the saddle by the 6th  Cool

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 06/12/10 at 22:15:46

When you first get your cast off,... use lots of sunblock...
That skin will burn fast,... like a baby's butt... Huh...

(...alright,... I'm just guessing about the baby's butt,... but, they probably burn easy... Huh...)

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #5 - 06/13/10 at 07:43:57

Oh yeah, burn real easily. Trust me on that one, naturist from way back.

When Kim and her bike are up I'll see about putting together a small Cascade Mountains ride for the forum. Highway 410 over Chinook Pass (scenic byway, no semis allowed), Yakima River Canyon (scenic byway with blue ribbon trout fishing and no semis), back to the uncivilized side via Snoqualmie Pass (watch for elk, bear and cougars, they pop up out of nowhere). Lots of places for photo ops, fuel, food, at least two Suzuki dealerships on the route if someone has problems... About 240 miles total, can make a weekend of it if need be.

As soon as Pokey is back up (got drowned in torrential downpours last week, soggy electrical system) I'll ride over and finish her bike up.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #6 - 06/13/10 at 19:19:23

WD is awesome..can 't wait to do this ride with him and his wife. I love riding back roads and getting away from the city traffic.

This really makes me all the more determined to get back in the saddle a.s.a.p.  

I am only getting out of the saddle for fillups, food and an occassional rest once I am back in the saddle. I have so many hrs and days to make up.

WD is like having the Enclyopedia on Bikes as he is so knowledgeable. I am so lucky he lives nearby and can help with my bike. And yes we will be posting many pics of the bikes and trips.. I plan to be unstoppable. giggle giggle giggle.. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
Tanker2Biker

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX (north of Houston)
Reply #7 - 06/14/10 at 06:12:36

Helmet sounds interesting.  Got any pics or a link?

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #8 - 06/15/10 at 19:37:12

Hey Tanker, sorry no pics. Yet it is an HJC Modular ff.. It is cool as has the built in sun visor as well. Fits very nice. As for noise level? Well I haven't been on a bike with it yet.

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #9 - 06/15/10 at 19:56:51

Tanker, if you search helmetexpress.com and click on IS_MAXBT it will show a pic. The BT stands for BlueTooth. I don't plan on using the BT yet one never knows.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/02/24 at 00:22:07

General CategoryThe Cafe › Getting ready

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.