Send Topic Print
How much seafoam (Read 239 times)
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Re: How much seafoam
Reply #15 - 06/11/10 at 10:52:25

When your carb is clean and slide working smooth you will get max power,If jets dirty and slide sticking you want get max power.It is really pretty simple.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
Reply #16 - 06/11/10 at 10:52:31

bill67 wrote on 06/11/10 at 05:50:34:
Charon you think your bike runs fine,Put some Sea Foam in it and you will see what running fine is like.

I put Seafoam in my bike after I first put it back together. It was running fine at the time & I didn't notice a lick of difference after the fact.

In the words of the Mythbusters, I'd say this one is... "BUSTED"

IP Logged
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
Reply #17 - 06/11/10 at 10:53:31

bill67 wrote on 06/11/10 at 10:52:25:
When your carb is clean and slide working smooth you will get max power,If jets dirty and slide sticking you want get max power.It is really pretty simple.

If it's so simple, back it up with something besides your mouth

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #18 - 06/11/10 at 11:04:43

I was in the army so anything the DoD says you can take with a grain of salt.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #19 - 06/11/10 at 12:27:42

none taken - i will most likely differ to an easy option first before i go diving in to a mechanical issue like pulling a carb and rebuilding it - I am not that mechanically inclined in the first place and from what i read the sea foam would clean the gunk out of the carb without tearing it down - i dont claim any HP or performance enhancements either other than the bike was not performing because the carb was gunked now it is clean and running and getting me from point a to point b......man that took a lot out of me - i need a nap now. whew!

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #20 - 06/11/10 at 15:18:50

earlytimz wrote on 06/11/10 at 09:27:41:
Charon, you have made several valid points & I agree there's no magic fix in a bottle... Period.

Adding Seafoam to a perfectly fine engine will not produce more power. It's not gonna fix a burnt valve or a spun bearing either. It may clean and lubricate some, but is that really necessary? Maybe not, but a lot of folks believe in it.

Adding Seafoam is basically multiplying the amount of detergent that's already in gasoline. No, it's not a fix-all, but I can see where it may have a place when reviving an older engine. Weracerc took advantage of the extra detergent by cleaning out a neglected carb. Much like soaking it in solvent, only the lazy man's way (no offense Wera... it worked!).

I like the fact that you backed up your decision to not use Seafoam with data from the DoD, even if the DoD isn't always known for making the best decisions. Having said that, I wanna share that my father was a mechanic in the army in the 60's & continued as a mechanic until he died 8 years ago. Although it was not "official army procedure" to use additives, he occasionally would dump a cheap bottle of isopropyl alcohol ($.99 rubbing alcohol) into a fuel tank to help clean a neglected carb or injectors. Alcohol also attracts water, so it will help dry out any moisture from condensation or bad gas. An old trick he said he learned in the army. So I dunno, that was an opinion based on 40 some-odd years of experience.

I say... If you like it, use it. If not, don't...

rubbing alcohol te he he  Grin

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
Reply #21 - 06/11/10 at 15:36:20

Please elaborate, Bill
Do you realize there's rubbing alcohol in your precious Seafoam? I'd love to see you back up your big mouth with some substance. Your one liners are getting old & really make you look like a fool... No, scratch that... It makes you look like a dumbass!

I'm glad you finally got thru the whole post! Congrats!

IP Logged
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
Reply #22 - 06/11/10 at 15:38:17

bill67 wrote on 06/11/10 at 11:04:43:
I was in the army so anything the DoD says you can take with a grain of salt.

Being in the army definitely makes you an expert on the DoD! Back that up, expert... Please?

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #23 - 06/11/10 at 15:54:27

I bet when you ride your motorcycle you wear one of those WW2 German helmets,Thats the way I picture you.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
Reply #24 - 06/11/10 at 16:02:50

Wrong again!!

You already know where I'm at... Come on down & I'll give you a close up view... Cool?

What's your f-ing point, Bill??

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 23:46:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › How much seafoam

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.