Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Mini-bagger cafe bobber (Read 765 times)
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Mini-bagger cafe bobber
Reply #15 - 06/10/10 at 19:25:37

I like this too! Cool.

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #16 - 06/10/10 at 20:14:00

Nice job Jeff. I as well like the way you incorporated the rear lights.. You should be proud of yourself.. Smiley  You get the pink thumbs up...

IP Logged
kevinphan

Dracut, Massachusetts
Reply #17 - 06/10/10 at 22:31:13

Definitely would be down for a Bike Night in Lowell, live a few minutes from the boulevard and I'm free anytime after 3pm. I'm trying to get the bike on the road this coming week but we'll see how it goes.

Anytime you guys wanna ride let me know!

WWW diverseclothing   IP Logged
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Reply #18 - 06/11/10 at 06:26:14

I really dig those small bags! Rest of the bike is great as well, good work!

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #19 - 06/11/10 at 06:48:10

Hard to believe its the same bike.  You did a great job!  Nothing over the top, very tasteful, IMO.  I liked the seat when you showed it a while back, and it looks even better without the red.  Don't care as much for the brown color, personally, but it still looks beautiful!  How does that seat feel?  The small bags are a great touch!  Cute little peace sign too!  How did you clean the fins on the motor?  Are you finished, or adding anything else?

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
Reply #20 - 06/11/10 at 08:17:52

Awesome!
And the hits just keep coming... Soon the minority will be the majority!

IP Logged
Mr. Hyde
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Reply #21 - 06/11/10 at 09:17:31

I like everything about your bobber, The more you look the more you see. Really nice work and great imagination.

FREE RIDER - Whatever blows your hair back.
  IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #22 - 06/11/10 at 13:57:11

The seat is very comfortable.  Only rode about half an hour so far so I may have more to say.  I was a bit concerned about the riding position with those bars but so far so good.  The motor is a '96 with under 3000 miles that I got from another forum member.  Haven't done any cleaning on it yet.  It needs a bit.  Peace sign is the buckle of a belt that belonged to my wife.  I liked it too much to give away after she passed on but didn't know what to do with it.  Many years later I recognized the perfect use when I looked at the battery box.  I don't have anything else in mind for it right now but course these things are never finished.  Thanks to everyone for all the kind words.

IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #23 - 06/17/10 at 19:50:43

Rode to the post office early in the morning and then left the Savage uncovered in my parking space.  When I came out to go to work there were two guys standing next to it trying to figure out what it was.  As I was getting on after work a guy rode by on a bicycle and hollered "nice bike".  Those things haven't happened with my S50.

Rode from Boston about 30 miles down to the south shore today to see my daughter then closer to 50 miles meandering home.  My first extended ride.  The seat is very comfortable. even more than the Mustang seat on my S50.  Riding position with the clubman bars is still acceptable but I don't think I'd take it on a long trip.  But the bigger S50 is better on the highway anyway.

My daughter took it for a short ride.  She has a '86 450 Honda Rebel.  She was a bit put off by the bars but she said after a very short time she got used to it and loved it.  I'm lovin' it.

IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #24 - 07/01/10 at 17:57:03

Took the Savage to Cruise Night at Patriot Place and watched the Harley guys look po'd when people walked past their bikes to get a better look st mine.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #25 - 07/01/10 at 19:29:58

Very nice "Mini-bagger cafe bobber"...  I really like the bars...
don't know how I missed this post for so long...

... ever wonder at these "bike nights", what these guys find so interesting about the Harley's?...  
It's like they've never seen one before,... but, it's what the majority of them rode in on...
... must be all the very slightly different shiny bits... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #26 - 07/01/10 at 21:29:32

Once I was watching the looker, seeing the questional face.  "Let me help . . . it is missing something."  "YEAH!  It's only one cylinder!"

In the ocean of V-Twins the Big Single stands out.  Not just a lopped single, with a leaning cylinder.  It doesn't do a V-anything, it is sitting right dead up straight.  That is why people look.  It does not try to be like anyone else.

WWW   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #27 - 07/02/10 at 03:34:50

Well Done  man! Your Bike just oozes "Cool" ... very original!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 07/02/10 at 09:22:48

I like it too, I lean to blacked out myself.  I like the black frontend, I want to do that too, but was wondering how it would look with a chrome wheel.  I powder coated wheel and relaced spokes is on my wish list.

Are you gonna dye the seat darker?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 16:26:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Mini-bagger cafe bobber

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.