Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Air/Fuel Mixture (brass) screw replacement (Read 98 times)
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Air/Fuel Mixture (brass) screw replacement
06/09/10 at 10:08:11

Anyone know how the brass screw can be replaced?

2007 S40, KN Cone Air Filter, BCB Pipe, BCB Fender and seat, Superbrace Fork Brace with guard, 55 Pilot, 155 Main, washer mod, iridium spark plug, no afterfire, some engine breaking noise
  IP Logged
ratz

Wait.......what??

Alabama Gulf Coast
Re: Air/Fuel Mixture (brass) screw replacement
Reply #1 - 06/09/10 at 11:41:00

Does yours seem to be seized?
I ran into that with mine,turns out there was loctite on the threads.I soaked it with acetone and carefully worked it back and forth until it turned easily.
Of course,I didn't know the screw was loctited until I had chewed the slot up on it pretty well,so when I did get it out,I had to cut a new slot in it.Fortunately the head is fairly thick,so I got by with it.
I know I could have bought a replacement,but where's the fun it that?

IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #2 - 06/09/10 at 11:49:16

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #3 - 06/09/10 at 12:13:51

I am not sure if it is loctited or not, but it only turns out 2 turns.  But since it turn, think it is not.  I know from reading on the forum that people are turning it out over that.

My screw is pretty chewed up now, so I will removing it using acetone and see if I can put a new slot or get a new screw.  Thanks for the information.

2007 S40, KN Cone Air Filter, BCB Pipe, BCB Fender and seat, Superbrace Fork Brace with guard, 55 Pilot, 155 Main, washer mod, iridium spark plug, no afterfire, some engine breaking noise
  IP Logged
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
Reply #4 - 06/09/10 at 17:45:14

Mine was the same way. I think the glue, or whatever holds the brass plug in, was preventing the screw from turning more than a little over 2 turns out. I soaked it with WD-40 and worked the screw in and out while trying not to mess up the slot or the threads. I did this on a few different occasions, it finally loosened up and has been fine ever since...

I couldn't even get mine out to replace it if I had wanted to.

IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #5 - 06/09/10 at 18:24:23

so were you able to get it out now?   I prob will need to in order to create a new slot.

earlytimz wrote on 06/09/10 at 17:45:14:
Mine was the same way. I think the glue, or whatever holds the brass plug in, was preventing the screw from turning more than a little over 2 turns out. I soaked it with WD-40 and worked the screw in and out while trying not to mess up the slot or the threads. I did this on a few different occasions, it finally loosened up and has been fine ever since...

I couldn't even get mine out to replace it if I had wanted to.

IP Logged
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
Reply #6 - 06/09/10 at 18:27:59

Yeah, now I can. I was careful (& lucky) to not booger up the slot very badly, so I'm golden...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 01:45:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Air/Fuel Mixture (brass) screw replacement

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.