Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
A little more radical version of the SAVAGE! (Read 872 times)
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Re: A little more radical version of the SAVAGE!
Reply #15 - 06/08/10 at 20:26:13

Hmm, looks a little odd...but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
james may

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

holyoke, ma
Reply #16 - 06/08/10 at 20:37:52

Loooks great I just posted asking if anyone has done it and here you are.  How long is the chain and what did you use to extend th
e brake linkage?? I'd extend the fender alityle straight out.  Give it even more of a dirt bike look.  But great job very unique.

doublecheerypie   IP Logged
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
Reply #17 - 06/08/10 at 21:11:24

Starlifter wrote on 06/08/10 at 20:26:13:

Ha Ha.. I'd say you're being a little conservative there!

I'm with BigZ... It looks like a straight up hill climber!! All it needs now is a paddle tire, a squirt of juice & someone with enough cods to hold the fock on!!

We need some video of this thing on the road

IP Logged
LS-Rich

If it ain't
broke.... Make it
longer!!

Omaha, Nebraska
Reply #18 - 06/08/10 at 22:34:05

james may wrote on 06/08/10 at 20:37:52:
Loooks great I just posted asking if anyone has done it and here you are.  How long is the chain and what did you use to extend th
e brake linkage?? I'd extend the fender alityle straight out.  Give it even more of a dirt bike look.  But great job very unique.  

Thanks. Unique was definately what I was after. As far as the chain goes I ordered 2 102 link chains and I used about 1 and 3/4ths. I'll count when I get a chance. I just cut the rod on the brake linkage and welded a foot piece in the middle. Pretty simple. As far as the fender goes. I tried a couple different fenders... settled on the front fender mounted on the rear. There is so much travel back there that I couldn't go too much over the tire without it hitting when compressed.

1987 Long Savage, 2006 crf450r
  IP Logged
LS-Rich

If it ain't
broke.... Make it
longer!!

Omaha, Nebraska
Reply #19 - 06/08/10 at 22:38:31

earlytimz wrote on 06/08/10 at 21:11:24:
Starlifter wrote on 06/08/10 at 20:26:13:

Ha Ha.. I'd say you're being a little conservative there!

I'm with BigZ... It looks like a straight up hill climber!! All it needs now is a paddle tire, a squirt of juice & someone with enough cods to hold the fock on!!

We need some video of this thing on the road

Yea. I think it looks the coolest when it's being ridden. I'll get a video when I get the clutch work done. It does awesome burnouts. That'll be the first thing on my list when the clutch is done.

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #20 - 06/09/10 at 06:40:38

very cool! i like it! when i saw the title i thought u meant only the flames on the tank(which isn't too crazy) then i scrolled down and saw a hayabusa length savage! lol it's sweet man!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
cursal

Daily Savage Rider

Eugene, OR
Reply #21 - 06/09/10 at 08:20:44

Looking good. Grin
Where did you end up putting the battery?

1998 Savage, 18,700 Miles, Wind Shield, Tach, K&N Airbox Filter, Leather Bags, CYCLE-TRON II Battery, verslavy cam adjuster, Kevlar F Pads Black.
Professional Web Developer: www.OregonPublishing.com
  IP Logged
LS-Rich

If it ain't
broke.... Make it
longer!!

Omaha, Nebraska
Reply #22 - 06/09/10 at 09:47:12

cursal wrote on 06/09/10 at 08:20:44:
Looking good. Grin
Where did you end up putting the battery?

Thanks. It's below the seat between the front part of the swingarm. you can see the box it sits in... in the picture if you look close.

IP Logged
LS-Rich

If it ain't
broke.... Make it
longer!!

Omaha, Nebraska
Reply #23 - 06/10/10 at 12:37:28

Here's the thread with a couple videos of this machine

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1276198365

IP Logged
omahasavage

Omaha, Nebraska
Reply #24 - 06/10/10 at 19:36:19

yeah i don't get it.  It looks cool and all with the long swing arm, but not something I would do.  Is that imitating a certain style of bike I don't know about?  I am fairly new to the 2 wheeled enterprise.  Or just something you thought of?  It does make me look twice, if that's what you are after.  

IP Logged
james may

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

holyoke, ma
Reply #25 - 06/11/10 at 07:11:16

Quote:
yeah i don't get it.  It looks cool and all with the long swing arm, but not something I would do.  Is that imitating a certain style of bike I don't know about?  I am fairly new to the 2 wheeled enterprise.  Or just something you thought of?  It does make me look twice, if that's what you are after.  

they make kits for sport bikes like honda CBR's and Suzuki gsxr's(and busa).. drag bikes have very long rear swingarms and rake in the front too.. makes them very stable in a straight line(less corning ability though).. so if it was emulating anything you'd probably say a drag bike.. the savage is so short i think it needs alittle length.. the rear swingarm looks easier to modify than stretching the frame.. of course stretching the frame you get the advantage of being able to fit a bigger tank(small tank another shortcoming of the savage) with a longer backbone.

doublecheerypie   IP Logged
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
Reply #26 - 06/11/10 at 10:55:34

Mission Accomplished!!

IP Logged
LS-Rich

If it ain't
broke.... Make it
longer!!

Omaha, Nebraska
Reply #27 - 06/11/10 at 11:22:49

earlytimz wrote on 06/11/10 at 10:55:34:
Mission Accomplished!!

Grin

IP Logged
LS-Rich

If it ain't
broke.... Make it
longer!!

Omaha, Nebraska
Reply #28 - 06/12/10 at 00:49:18

omahasavage wrote on 06/10/10 at 19:36:19:

I find it somewhat amusing that someone would say they don't  "get it" but say it's cool all in the same breath. I brings me to want to ask a few questions.

Just curious. Have you done or ever done anything to your bike that you thought was all yours??? Maybe something that you thought was sort of unique? Maybe something you thought was cool? Maybe something that you put a lot of heart and soul into? Something that you thought was bad a$$? Ever built anything on your house or maybe on your bicycle as a kid that you thought was cool? Anything at all that was all yours? Have you ever done anything other than the norm at all that made you stand out from anyone else? Ever just thought "outside the box"? If you have then you "get it". If you haven't... then I guess it makes sense. You just don't "get it" and you probably never will. It's not a two wheeled enterprise thing. It's life. Open your mind and dream a little. Really... It's fun and can sometimes be rewarding. That's what it's all about for me. Smiley

If you ever need any help with anything mechanical on your bike let me know. Im pretty good with motorcycles. Allways have been. It's cool that you don't "get it". I love bikes and anything I can do to help someone else out... I'll do it.  Plus I live in Omaha as well. Might save you a few bucks.

Later Rich

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 14:56:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › A little more radical version of the SAVAGE!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.