Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: top speed....
Reply #30 - 06/06/10 at 16:29:02

Belt tension is checked with both tires on the ground, bike on the kickstand... And as long as it doesn't hop out of the pulleys you're fine. Dry with shiny edges is normal.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Re: top speed....
Reply #31 - 06/07/10 at 20:59:19

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/06/10 at 05:58:27:
aphico wrote on 06/05/10 at 14:18:35:
I checked the tire pressure,  put it up to 42lbs.  and gave the clutch cable another 1/4 turn and i'm up to about 85-90 now.  couldn't really see the speed,  eyes were watery.   thats fast enough for me.  thing handles alot better too.

I looked at all the teeth on the belt all look good,  but it sqeaks like it's too tight.   I don't have the tool,  they want in the clymer manual,  is there another way to adjust or what should i be looking for.  if it was a chain,  i would say it's okay,  about 1/2 play.  but it sounds tight when i push it.   oh.  and what the hell are "sticky's"

Sounds like too much pressure in the tire to me, but you know what it needs I guess..

Belt adjust is some voodoo & some art & some science.. many ideas here.
IDK what a sticky is..

Only stickies I know about are the thread permanently parked at the top of each section...

Back on topic, I had mine up to around 90, with some twist left in the throttle.  That was pretty much bone stock, just a HD muffler, and a turn or so out on the carb.  She'd have gone faster, but I lost my nerve! Shocked

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 22:23:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › top speed....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.