Send Topic Print
Odd electrical problem (Read 46 times)
wolfmrp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Portland Or
Odd electrical problem
06/03/10 at 13:30:38

OK  so I will try to be as detailed as possible.
My bike does nothing.
A couple of weeks ago I went to start the bike.  Turned key.  Flipped kill switch on and hit the start switch.  I heard a click(decomp I assume) and then the bike went dead.  All electrical shut down.  I turned the key off and back on...still nothing.  Walked around bike while scratching my head.  Tried it again and the bike fired right up.  It was fine for three days and then it happened again.  This time I could not make it start so I removed the seat, checked fuses(good)  wiggled wires.  After several tries I get power but as soon as I hit the start switch, click dead(for a brief second, before dead, I can hear it trying to start).   I wiggled the ground wire(from battery to block) and got power. Started up road home.  I made a new ground wire, crimped, soldered and heat shirked.  Installed it and got nothing.  Seemingly at random the power came back on, hit the start and click dead. Now I get nothing.

I have done three electrical mods to this bike.  First is the mini battery install and second is a Veypor Speedo wired to the ignition so it starts with the key.  I also bypassed the kickstand at the switch when installing EdL's forward controls.

I am good with ac industrial electrical trouble shooting but do not have much experience with dc automotive stuff.  Any help is appreciated.  I hope to rip into it on Saturday.

Common sense is nothing more than a deposit of prejudices laid down by the mind before you reach eighteen. --Einstein
  IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Odd electrical problem
Reply #1 - 06/03/10 at 13:51:31

ahhhhh!
the old random electrical problem

I suspect the start switch contacts myself.

I used to have a plymouth horizon that would randomly lose lights depending on how you hit a bump.

Ever since then I have said I would rather see a piston hanging outside of the block first because then I would KNOW what the problem was..........

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Odd electrical problem
Reply #2 - 06/03/10 at 14:03:07

1st check your mods
and I would preferr bypassing the kick switch at the connector under the seat.
then clean the contacts on the start button.
check all the connectors under the tank
then curse Franklin for putting lightning in a bottle.
dam electrons, ought to be banned.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 12:29:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Odd electrical problem

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.