Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
My 200.00 savage  deal or no deal? (Read 473 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: My 200.00 savage  deal or no deal?
Reply #15 - 06/02/10 at 09:29:39

You might be able to force it, but you might just screw it into the FUBAR condition. Time to go look.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #16 - 06/02/10 at 09:45:51

You can operate the decomp lever with a wrench.
I'd tie in place and give it a push.

I guess you can say it's got good compression  Roll Eyes

WWW   IP Logged
aphico
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 06/02/10 at 16:41:36

good compression,  thats what i said.  it turns backward though?  i cant figure that one out.  

I pull the cable on the compression release,  it doesn't move,  at all.  feel like i would break it   I sprayed wd on the cable and down in the sheath just incase corrosion or rust or frozen for some reason.

does anyone know where i can get a manual.  or have one i can buy.
Local suzuki dealer,  says don't put any money in it,  it's not a good model,  Its too old, you won't get anything out of it,   bla, bla, bla.    I think,  with that big cylinder,  this thing is gonna scream.  I just don't want to be my own demise.  would feel much better with a book or manual.   I see the fiche on ebay.   whats that all about?

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #18 - 06/02/10 at 16:57:49

WWW   IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #19 - 06/02/10 at 19:29:41

Your local stealership is the LAST place to go for ANYTHING on these bikes. Other than the Biloxi MS dealership, every place I've ridden mine (WA, TN, MS, AL, FL, LA, AR,KY) despise the LS. They can't keep them on the floor, and when I bought mine new in 98 Mike told me that he was allowed 2 new ones per year. Of course the dealer wants you to buy something else.

Mine has been radar trapped (at a track) at 115 mph.

I removed the speedometer/odometer a couple years ago, so no idea what kind of total miles are on her, but the last valve adjustment was at least 16K miles ago.

Find yourself a compatible CDI box, hit up Bike Bandit for the relay to the decomp assembly, and get her back on the road.

These bikes don't need much babying. I change my oil occasionally, have had blown fork seals since 5 minutes after I took possession, never wash it, keep it outdoors year round, ride year round...

Worst trouble with mine is keeping other people off of it, something about those F'ng apehangers...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #20 - 06/02/10 at 19:38:33

aphico wrote on 06/02/10 at 16:41:36:
Local suzuki dealer,  says don't put any money in it,  it's not a good model,  Its too old, you won't get anything out of it,   bla, bla, bla.

yeah, what wd said,  dealers don't like it cause we mostly do our own work, it's too simple to work on so he can't charge alot, there's not much after market parts for it so there's no sales, and most of us are cheap basturds and won't buy won't buy big buck a$$ jewelery.

WWW   IP Logged
aphico
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 06/03/10 at 11:42:38

verslagen1,  that is a  bee  e  a  youtiful  thing!!!   boy do i feel better now.    parts didn't come yet, tomorrow maybe.  I'm gonna see what i can do in the mean time.    thanx much.

IP Logged
aphico
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 06/03/10 at 16:31:03

ya  phukin who!!!!   parts came this afternoon,  put the starter and the solenoid on and it started,  went around the block and gears all worked, brakes work  good,  little too good,  and it's pretty dam fast  when i shut it off,  it wouldn't start back up.  It tries, to idle,  but as soon as i give it throttle it dies,   if i put the petcock on  and the choke off it won't even try to start.  i think it's gonna be a good one though,   I got the battery on charge now,  it dropped to 11.4  from sitting a couple days i guess.   hopefully thats it.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #23 - 06/03/10 at 16:59:15

either put some seafoam in the tank or clean the carb and she'll be right

seafoam will take a tank or two.

if you want to hurry it along some, drain the carb, pump the seafoam directly into the carb.  walley world has a mixmaster syringe in the rv section.

and every month or so, put a ounce of seafoam in to keep the carb clean.

WWW   IP Logged
aphico
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 06/03/10 at 17:41:05

I was doing that while you were typing,  eveything you said so far has been dead knuttz.  I took the line off the tank and shot it in there with an ink cartridge suringe.  went around the block again.  it back fires and broke up as soon as i shifted in to second stalled, down shifted and it started right up again.    but holy nuts,  this little thing is quick,  you have to hold on to it.  I think i'm going to take the carb apart and clean it nice, blow it all out,  it's definitely worth doing.  I think there was water in the tank, maybe from sitting.  i don't know any history of this bike,  except it sat in a garage for 4 yrs.    gas felt weak.  black smoke stopped though.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #25 - 06/03/10 at 19:18:29

well then drain it, put it in your least liked neighbors car.   Smiley

and after you clean the carb it should run great.  and remember, if 1st you don't succeed, try try again.  I think the 1st time I had it in and out several times before it ran great.

WWW   IP Logged
aphico
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 06/03/10 at 20:40:24

rusted tank and water gas was brown.  I looked in there with a light,  its not pretty.  all rusted.  I'm going to try and get the filter off and cleaned too.  No gas when the pet thingy is in the on position, but comes out pretty good on the prime position.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #27 - 06/03/10 at 21:12:55

that's the way it's supposed to work, lucky you.

derust it as best you can

do a search, a number of posts to tell you how.

WWW   IP Logged
aphico
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 06/04/10 at 11:21:05

okay,  I cleaned the tank,  drained all the bad gas, and put in fresh high test.  plus more seafoam.  that didn't work.   I noticed that there are two (vacuum? line ports) on each side of the carb, pointing towards the rear.  not the fuel inlet or the pet "thingy" vacuum.   they are in the rear and had  a hose going to each  other.  I can't see where they are suspose to go,  and I figured looping to each other couldn't be right.  disconected one side the idle smoothed out and i was able to tack it up.  took it about a mile,  clutch seems to slip now and  i don't know where the lines go.  tried plugging and it went back to back firing and stalling.   the clymers shows the port fitting but not where it goes?  "had it up to 70mph though.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #29 - 06/04/10 at 11:27:14

Those are vents, don't connect to anything.
stock lines are long enough to stick up into the frame above the carb.
this way when you are upside down gas won't trickle up your nose.

had it up to 70, sounds like you got it fixed.

clutch slipping? do you have free play at the lever? should be about 1/8"

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 23:39:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › My 200.00 savage  deal or no deal?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.