babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Compliments on my bike
05/28/10 at 05:16:09

Took a fabulous ride yesterday evening!  Went out to eat, did a little shopping, blah, blah.  When we come home, our driveway is sloped uphill, and hubby carries the garage door opener, so I pull off on the right side of the road and let him get the door opened, then I cross and pull in.  There was a car behind us.  After I pulled over, and he turned into the driveway, she stopped in the road.  I was motioning her to let her know she could go on by.  Her boy rolls the window down and she says "I gotta know... what kind of bike is that?!!"  I told her what it is, and she said she is already enrolled in a class and trying to decide what kind of bike she wants.  She said "Now I know what I gotta have!  One of those!!"  She said my bike was beautiful!  Man, that made me feel good.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Re: Compliments on my bike
Reply #1 - 05/28/10 at 05:40:17

Good for you ! Wink
I have had that happen too,....look and say, "that is a good looking motorcycle",....and their almost stressing the word "motorcycle".......I guess because so many don't look like genuine motorcycles anymore.

And I don't believe how many riders don't know that these big single cyl bikes even exist, much less still sitting on show room floors.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
Reply #2 - 05/28/10 at 06:57:32

Nice! An awesome ending to an already "fabulous" ride!!  Makes it kinda hard to get your helmet on with all the swelling though!! LoL

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #3 - 05/28/10 at 09:57:56

earlytimz wrote on 05/28/10 at 06:57:32:
Nice! An awesome ending to an already "fabulous" ride!!  Makes it kinda hard to get your helmet on with all the swelling though!! LoL

Hell yea!  I was fumbling as it was to get my helmet off while I was talking to her, and trying to turn the thing off so I could hear her, and noticed that I still had the kickstand up!  Could have been an OOPSIE very easily.  How embarraskin' would that have been!  LOL    

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
Reply #4 - 05/28/10 at 10:57:52

No doubt... Dropping it might have changed her mind about wanting a bike too!! LoL

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #5 - 05/28/10 at 11:18:29

Hey Piglet, it is always nice to be complimented and even more so when it concerns your bike.
Always feel proud that you have taken on and achived what others dream about doing.   Wink

IP Logged
ghstrdr110
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Demotte, IN
Reply #6 - 05/28/10 at 19:51:52

Hell yea!  I was fumbling as it was to get my helmet off while I was talking to her, and trying to turn the thing off so I could hear her, and noticed that I still had the kickstand up!  Could have been an OOPSIE very easily.  How embarraskin' would that have been!  LOL    

Whatcha talking about Hog? I did that this morning at the gas station. was taking my helmet off and thought i put the kickstand all the way down. Went to turn bike off and lean it on the stand. Bike kept leaning, stand wasn't  all the way down. Bent the crap outta my key still it was still in my left hand while keeping bike from dropping with my right. Luckily these bikes are really light. I'm no small guy but if it had been a Sportster, i would have had a big problem keeping from dropping it. it was embarrassing going inside asking for a hammer to straighten my key out so i could get to work Sad

IP Logged
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
Reply #7 - 05/28/10 at 20:17:32

ghstrdr110 wrote on 05/28/10 at 19:51:52:
Whatcha talking about Hog? I did that this morning at the gas station. was taking my helmet off and thought i put the kickstand all the way down. Went to turn bike off and lean it on the stand. Bike kept leaning, stand wasn't  all the way down. Bent the crap outta my key still it was still in my left hand while keeping bike from dropping with my right. Luckily these bikes are really light. I'm no small guy but if it had been a Sportster, i would have had a big problem keeping from dropping it. it was embarrassing going inside asking for a hammer to straighten my key out so i could get to work Sad

LoL!! I can imagine! Good story though man!! Sometimes a BFH is all you need to fix something...

IP Logged
ghstrdr110
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Demotte, IN
Reply #8 - 05/28/10 at 20:22:35

Yep, a BFH can work wonders.

IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #9 - 05/28/10 at 20:25:50

The S40/Savage is a sharp looking bike. I always got flattering comments from people who saw it. If I could afford 2 bikes, there would still be an S40 in my garage. It's perfect for short trips and bootin around the city.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
cursal

Daily Savage Rider

Eugene, OR
Reply #10 - 05/29/10 at 10:18:32

Had a compliment on my bike at a red light 2 days ago. Had time to let him know not only is she good looking and fun to ride, but I also get 50+ miles a gallon Smiley

He gave me the thumbs up as the light turned green and I pulled away.

This bike does turn heads when they only see the big single and one pipe coming out of the header.

Ramsey-Waite A local atv and motorcycle shop has an s40 on the showroom floor, only place in town that I've seen one.

1998 Savage, 18,700 Miles, Wind Shield, Tach, K&N Airbox Filter, Leather Bags, CYCLE-TRON II Battery, verslavy cam adjuster, Kevlar F Pads Black.
Professional Web Developer: www.OregonPublishing.com
  IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #11 - 06/18/10 at 21:10:05

I've owned 13 bikes over the last 40 years.  Two of them have cost over $12,000.

I bought my Savage used (see signature) in 2001 for $3000 (it had only 70 miles on it at the time).

The Savage has gotten more compliments than any other bike I've ever owned....got another one just today!

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #12 - 06/19/10 at 18:18:29

Rode the mini-bagger/cafe/bobber down to the south shore again today.  This time to see my son.  Before I was out of town an SUV pulls up next to me at a light and the guys points at his back seat and says, "they want to take your picture."  In the back are a couple of pre-teen girls waving at me so I say, "sure" and wave back.  The one of the girls hollers , "looking good".  Cracked me up.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #13 - 06/21/10 at 08:33:04

I used to get pulled over all the time in Mississippi and Tennessee. Why? The officers liked how the bike looked/sounded and wanted to know what it is.

Out here in Washington the Savage gets me flashed, a lot, by girls from junior high through college ages. Best compliment out there... Wink

Most people seem to think it is an ancient British bike that was customized in the early 1960s. They don't look THAT much like a Matchless or BSA, at least not to me. They do look like a real motorcycle though, unlike modern "plastic fantastics" and Warrior style pseudo-cruisers.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 02:17:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Compliments on my bike

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.