Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
60 minutes interviews last man off Deepwater Horiz (Read 89 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
60 minutes interviews last man off Deepwater Horiz
05/27/10 at 07:04:01

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=DF52CDF14F4F6F2E&playnext=1&playnext_...

I wayched 4 or 5 of these segments. Looks to me like BP execs should be in jail, for life, since they took unacceptable risks, knowingly, that killed people. BP has already suffered the highest fines for workplace safety failures. They dont seem to be changing their ways. Repeat murderers? How do we treat them?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
suzi-q

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: 60 minutes interviews last man off Deepwater H
Reply #1 - 05/27/10 at 10:22:00

Angrywow

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #2 - 05/27/10 at 10:39:44

Hang D1ck Chaney first,And I want it on TV like Saddam.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 05/27/10 at 22:10:44

Cheney, much as I loathe that bastard, didn have a hand in this, AFAIK..
But, if he needs to swing first, thats okay w/ me..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #4 - 05/28/10 at 06:35:25

To me it boils down to safety. At what cost does safety get taken seriously?

Had the pieces of rubber that had floated to the top that this man seen, been investigated would their had been an explosion?

Would investigating this matter have taken some time and if so how much? We will probably never know this now as we can't go back and undo what happened.
What we can do is in the future prevent these mistakes.

It shutting down oil rigs, mines, plants mean that people lives won't be lost so that safety issues can be dealt with, isn't that better?

I am sure the people who lost their lives would have rather had a day or 2 off rather than lose their lives.

B.P. says they caused this. Okay so we agree. Yet B.P. is not the only one that will pay for this mess.

B.P. I am sure all the fishermen, shrimp, oysters, fish, dolphins, brown pelicans and so many others would like a few mins alone with you.

Pour some oil down your drains and see how well you breathe..  Angry

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 05/28/10 at 07:59:25

Some of you guys are in serious need of a cranium anus extractor…

Hang thingy Cheney on TV? Jail for life? KNOWINGLY killed people…

I’ll bet half you guys have extension cords in your houses being used improperly and are fire hazards. If your house caught on fire and a fireman is killed responding, should we hang you or jail you for life? After all, you were willfully putting safety aside to save the money it would have cost you to properly install a grounded outlet near your power need. You were casual with safety. You were only concerned with yourselves and not others. Just out for a buck…..

It was an accident, a big one. An offshore oil rig is an inherently dangerous place. Drilling for oil off shore is an inherently dangerous activity. No one WILLINGLY killed anyone.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #6 - 05/28/10 at 08:10:28

BP will be OK we will bail them out so their smart CEOs can keep on making big money,Because if they can't make big money the common man will suffer. Roll Eyes

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 05/28/10 at 08:40:13

WebsterMark wrote on 05/28/10 at 07:59:25:
Some of you guys are in serious need of a cranium anus extractor…

Hang thingy Cheney on TV? Jail for life? KNOWINGLY killed people…

I’ll bet half you guys have extension cords in your houses being used improperly and are fire hazards. If your house caught on fire and a fireman is killed responding, should we hang you or jail you for life? After all, you were willfully putting safety aside to save the money it would have cost you to properly install a grounded outlet near your power need. You were casual with safety. You were only concerned with yourselves and not others. Just out for a buck…..

It was an accident, a big one. An offshore oil rig is an inherently dangerous place. Drilling for oil off shore is an inherently dangerous activity. No one WILLINGLY killed anyone.

Naaah, it was just an accident. Just like if I took my hands off the wheel & covered my eyes & floored my car while it was pointed at a scholyard ful of children. Their dead bodies would just be the result of an accident. There is a point where enough negligence, failure to act in a standard of accepted prudent bahavior, that it becomes criminal negligence. These people had sufficient reason to cease all drilling operations & set about making repairs to their safety equipment to justify doing so, yet, they chose not to, knowing the razor thin line that stood between finishing the well & losing it, yet, they chose to ignore all the red flags. They floored it, knowing they had no control,...they are guilty as hell AFAIC.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 05/29/10 at 03:49:32

and you know all this because you're worked at all levels on an oil rig and understand all the issues .............????

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 05/29/10 at 06:17:26

Doesnt require having worked at all levels. Yes, Ive worked on rigs. But, had I( never seen a rig, based on common sense, I thoink Id have the same opinions. Youve watched the interviews? Im guessing NOT.

Edit*

Your little game of pretending that I must have complete knowledge of all things opilfield in order to have an opinion is equal to demanding the math teacher youll listen to as you are being taugtht to add, subtract, multiply & divide must also understand all phases of math, including quantum mechanics. YOU work to undermine people so you dont have to listen, because you cant unwind what theyve said.. Hell, just stop reading, its easier.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 13:26:02

General CategoryThe Cafe › 60 minutes interviews last man off Deepwater Horiz

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.